Mark Guiliana

Blue

Mark Guiliana...Has anyone heard this cat? He plays in a group called "Heernt," who really can not fit into a specific genre, although its very Jazz-based, yet totally different and unclassifiable. It's not really fusion at all. I can't even describe his playing; It's really impressive. From one drummer to another, do yourself a favor and listen to this guy. He'll blow your mind! Check him out at www.Heernt.com. (this is not plug. I'm just a huge fan)

Last edited:
Yes! i've heard of him...
this dude's INSANE.
They've made an article about him at modern drummer...
and besides heernt, he's also the drummer of Avishai Cohen...

check out him space (the YouTube solo on the bottom left is INCREDIBLE)

I really wonder why he doesn't have a page here at drummer world...

peaceout

I know i've already posted here, but i just had to do it again

I've recently been to an Avishai Cohen concert and he's seriously my favorite drummer right now.

SO original and inspiring..
one of the greatest drummers among the youngs.

Hey, new here and thought I'd see whats the deal with some of my favourites...I can't believe there's not more talk about Guiliana. I saw him a few months ago with Avishai and was stunned by some of his solos.

That solo from Now vs Now, is ranked as one of my favourite ever.

I just hope there is more footage out there of him that makes its way to youtube or something.

The most recent Avishai Cohen record comes packaged with a DVD. I'm not too keen on the music but the playing was pretty astounding. The whole group is really talented. The record/dvd package was pretty cheap too. Like 17 dollars.

Mark Guiliana...Has anyone heard this cat? He plays in a group called "Heernt," who really can not fit into a specific genre, although its very Jazz-based, yet totally different and unclassifiable. It's not really fusion at all. I can't even describe his playing; It's really impressive. From one drummer to another, do yourself a favor and listen to this guy. He'll blow your mind! Check him out at www.Heernt.com. (this is not plug. I'm just a huge fan)

FYI:

http://drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56131&highlight=mark+guiliana

Mark's been on my radar for a few years, but recently he's blown me away (again!) with the final Bowie record.

There's a part where he rides on a rack tom for a few beats and you can hear the snares buzzing like crazy. So many producers would want to clean that up, but I'm so happy that they let it happen, because its magical.
His playing is great on the whole album, from the slower groove of Lazarus to the busier Blackstar (the first half) and Sue... that track is a monster!

Just a "heads up" that Mark on the cover of this month's "Drumhead" magazine. I think Jonathon Mover tends to conduct and print longer, more detailed interviews than the other magazines. I'm pretty excited to dive into this one!

Just a "heads up" that Mark on the cover of this month's "Drumhead" magazine. I think Jonathon Mover tends to conduct and print longer, more detailed interviews than the other magazines. I'm pretty excited to dive into this one!

Great article (interview was actually conducted by Brent Keefe, not Mover). Lately, I've also been spending time with Mark's book, which is really good.

Back