Bass drum pedal urgent help needed!

solgrohl08

Hiya
When I bought my kit the guy couldn't find the original tama pedal as they had been in storage since the 90s but he found a different one that he gave to me. Its this really light small terrible thing that can't stand up without tape and the beater fall out every few kicks but at re time I couldn't afford a new one so I consulted my trusty old friend mr duck tape :) I've been using it a while and the use of it has made it even worse and it's actually slowly dug into the skin and so I can't put up with as it's sO awful! I can't spend more than about £60 pounds max whitch is about $85. I obviously want the best single pedal I can get for money but would like to have dosh left over for other things. Here's what I'm thinking:

Tama HP30
Pearl P-900c
But any other suggestions would be great! Please help as I need a new ASAP! :)
Thanks!

Definatly look for used pedals, although I'm not familiar with finding used gear outside the states. You might need to get new springs, beaters and lube it up a bit though.

Personally I'd go for the Pearl P-900c.
If you can get one with a solid base plate rather than the base rods then go for it.

Also, if you're looking at the Tama try the HP300B Cobra Jr.

You can get a decent enough single pedal for your budget.
If you can go second hand - Check your local Classifieds (craigs list, or whatever).

I'm kind of partial to Tama gear,so I would recomend the HP 300 Iron Cobra Jr.,but you can sometimes pick up the HP900 series Iron Cobras on the cheap.Last year I seprately purchesed a slave,and then a main pedal within a month with a case for a total of 90 US.,on ebay.The deals are out there.

Steve B

Back