Write drumscore by tapping

Burn4ever

Hey fellas,
Is there an app were I can write my drumscores by tapping the rhythm?
For example. Set an 4/4 bar and tap first the kick, than snare and after that the HiHat and so on, so final get an whole drumscore/notation.

Last edited:
Quite publicly too I might add haha.

I have seen about 20 minutes of it but that was all I could take.

You should be able to do that by MIDI-ing an electronic keyboard or electronic drum set into Finale. I have only used Finale to write using the computer, not by playing the rhythms into the program. But it is possible.

http://www.finalemusic.com/usermanuals/finale2012mac/content/Finale/Percussion16.htm

Jeff

Jeff is right. I got this to work with my Roland TD-10X and Finale. There seems to be a bit of a lag between the input and Finale. If you rip off some 16th or 32nd note fills it doesn't seem to keep up but that may have been an issue with my setup. At the very least the score will be close and you can go back and manually clean it up in Finale.

We all have had to of watched it when it came out, and then never went back ever ever again! hahaha!

I saw a trailer for that movie in the theater as I was about to see another movie. I literally laughed my ass off during the preview. It was like they took every cheesy over-done movie cliche they could come up with and molded them around a marching drum line headed by nick f***ing cannon. If we give hollywood money for things like this, they will keep making them and our children will suffer. Think of the children and do not support this.

Back