Pearl Hardware V DW Hardware

Hi

Right now I'm using Mapex hardware for my drum kit, I do like Mapex hardware but the boom stands seem to be lighter and I have two mounted toms and they kinda bounce around which is kind of a hazard. When I get the money I think I'm going to upgrade my hardware.

I've asked people's opinions on DW or Pearl hardware and more people say "Pearl"
But I'm not sure, I like heavier stands and DW hardware ranges and I love it! However, I've tried some Pearl hardware at my school and they aren't as good as people say, they seem really really light (lighter than my mapex hardware) and the pedals and hi-hat stands feel iffy.
The boom arm for the ride doesn't even reach as far as my mapex or DW hardware I've tried.

So far, I prefer the DW hardware. But I want to hear what all you guys think.

I can't personally speak for DW hardware, but I've known many guys who use it and speak highly of it. I can tell you for a fact that Pearl hardware will certainly get the job done. Not sure why you'd consider it light.....the 900, 1000 and 2000 series are heavy. Both brands are rock solid. Just remember, you have to carry all that weight around.

At the end of the day, both are leading brands (along with several others), both are solid, durable, reliable, long wearing and will do all that you require of them. Both are on par, so get the brand that will make you happy.

I prefer the weight and feel of DW hardware

So why the to-ing and fro-ing?........or should I say, why the need for a thread asking us to talk you into something you already prefer....or conversely, to talk you out of something you have no interest in?

It's evident in your first post you have no interest in Pearl hardware, so the way I see it, the question is a little redundant. If you prefer the feel and weight of DW hardware, then buy it.....you don't need to justify why you like it, the product speaks for itself. Nor do you need to try come up with excuses as to why you don't like Pearl hardware (especially B/S excuses like them being "too light").........deal on what makes you happy my friend. DW hardware will serve you well. :)

Back