pedal question

nuclear_dis

Hey i'm looking into getting a double bass pedal.I dont really have much money either:(, so I kind of need something cheap, but good
between to pearl p902c NEW and iron cobra USED who is better?thanx!!!

the iron cobras if they're going to be the same price. Drum gear (except heads) never really ever wear out over time unless your a real dummy. I love the iron cobras my friend has, and they are built well, and I'm not much a fan of Tama

The higher end DW's are very good but are pricey and hard to find used, and after getting the 7000 series double pedal for christmas i wish i could go back in time because all the Pearl pedals i've tried feel great for my sort of playing and have none of the draw backs of the 7000 (i.e. the freaking screws don't come off on the Pearl!)

I've only tried 3 Pearl pedals, and i'm not good with their model names, but i've tried a couple of mapex pedals and several DW's and on the whole the Pearl's and Tama Iron Cobra you mentioned are definitely the ones i wished i had gone for. Of course you can adjust all of the aforementioned pedals to your liking but half of them weren't mine and i had to leave them at their setting or the default. Even so the Pearl and Iron Cobra were both great.

Definitely ones to check out.

However don't assume from my comments or someone elses that you will immediately hate or love a particular pedal. If you're in the States then head to your nearest GC and try as many as you can, if you're in the UK just head to your nearest music shop and try the ones they have there.
xoxo

nuclear_dis i would definitely get the iron cobra, but only if it is in good condition! do you have any photos of the iron cobra?

offtopic: scott if you want a pedal upgrade in the future then i might have a pearl eliminator double for sale on the island. belt drive. it's not really been used alot (like under 60 hours), all the cams are fine, springs are perfect etc. they're going for £229 new on eBay, about £160 used. i was going to put an advert up in p1 sometime this week, but i could sell it for £150 if it's going to be used properly. it has it's own pearl carry case etc. it feels super smooth, lots of metal people use them.
i bought it when i was younger but it was too small for my feet. let me know if you might be interested. :)

(i realise to anyone else reading that this post is really random).

As a new IC owner, I say get them if they're in good condition. The Cobras are just in a different league from the P902's, they're more on par with the Eliminators.

offtopic: scott if you want a pedal upgrade in the future then i might have a pearl eliminator double for sale on the island. belt drive. it's not really been used alot (like under 60 hours), all the cams are fine, springs are perfect etc. they're going for £229 new on eBay, about £160 used. i was going to put an advert up in p1 sometime this week, but i could sell it for £150 if it's going to be used properly. it has it's own pearl carry case etc. it feels super smooth, lots of metal people use them.
i bought it when i was younger but it was too small for my feet. let me know if you might be interested. :)

I would if i had the money :( i won't for a while since buses are somewhat unpredictable so getting EMA every week isn't always as easy as it sounds D:. Otherwise i'd get it without hesitation.

What are you doing/where are you living now? Still on the island or are you switching often?
xoxo

Iron cobra used definatly

I would if i had the money :( i won't for a while since buses are somewhat unpredictable so getting EMA every week isn't always as easy as it sounds D:. Otherwise i'd get it without hesitation.

What are you doing/where are you living now? Still on the island or are you switching often?
xoxo

EMA sucks balls, i remember it too well. atm i'm in wootton, though i'm back and forth to places all the time. should be moving out to bristol after the summer properly. i'm just playing drums etc, saving money for property. i doubt i'll sell the pedal for a while anyway so i may have it in the future ;)

i hope the bands/drums are going well, let's not derail this thread further than we have to :p

Back