Best Electronic Kit

Smithers17

I was just curious is there was a consensus of what the best electronic drum kit is. I currently have a Pintech, but it's about 10 years old now, and I thought it was bout to time to retire it. I have replaced the heads a few times. I use it with the Roland6 module.. I feel like the response time is just lagging now. I do my recording in logic, and I record midi so I can adjust my sounds.

I was thinking about upgrading, but I can't afford to blow over 1000. I know, call me cheap.. but we all have budgets. ha ha.

Anyway I was looking at the alexisDM10. Does anyone have any recommendations for or against or an alternate suggestion.

Thanks for taking the time to read and if possible to respond to my request.

Keep saving a while and get a 2box.

You can get a full roland td-9 for under $1000. I played one for about a year and I really liked it

If your budget is over 4k I'd seriuosly look at the DTX900…imo it's the best kit out there in that price range…if your in europe look at the 2box drumit 5, great kit and samples..I prefer the yamaha ekits over roland mainly because of the samples… I play a DTX900 series module at home and a td-20sx at church..the 900 is just much better sounding module, especially the snares and cymbals…roland snare sounds really stink IMO..

Last edited:
If your question is what's the best new kit under $1,000 you have a choice of the lower end Roland and Yamaha and the higher end Alesis. I would say the best deal under $1,000 is a Yamaha DTX-520K or a Roland TD-11K. Each is $999. Your ears will prefer one or the other so it is very important to try them both out at the store.

Thanks everyone for your input. I just wanted others personal preference, but it's true I have to chose based off my own years. I really appreciate you all taking the time to answer my question. I appreciate the direction.

Back