New pedal

Nehalem

Hello. I am sure that there are many of these threads and that you are sick of them already but I have not found a thread that answers my question and I also find that when it comes to pedals, the choice is very much personal like fitting a shoe. Even though this is the case, some input would be very helpful.

This month, I will be getting the Alesis DM10 Studio kit and I will need pedals for my new kit. I currently play with Iron Cobra Power Glide double bass pedal on my acoustic kit and I am satisfied with them as I know that good technique enables one to play quickly and solidly on even the worst pedals. However, I would like to buy pedals that are slightly newer and smoother than my ICs. I have been looking around at what people have been choosing recently and tested a few pedals including the Demon Drive which is very smooth but a bit too expensive. I have been interested in the Mapex Falcon with direct drive adapter and the Speed Cobra by Tama. I live in South Africa so I cannot get the Axis pedals and all pedals cost double the price here so please keep that in mind. I play metal and some jazz and I am 6 feet tall with size 11 US shoes. If you have any suggestions, please let me hear them.

I play metal and some jazz and I am 6 feet tall with size 11 US shoes. If you have any suggestions, please let me hear them.

i wear a 15 and i'm 6'3" and ive never had a problem with any pedal. Anyway... i'd suggest the Pearl Powershifters, they're really smooth and compare well as far as feel to the IC. Also, the Speed Cobra feels nothing like the IC, IMO. Good luck

-shaun

I've owned the IC, Speed Cobra, DW 9000 and 8000, Yamaha Flying Dragons. All fine pedals. The Cobra is as smooth as anything else out there, save for maybe the the 9000. The Speed Cobra feels very similar to the IC, maybe a bit lighter. But I like my old powerglides more.

Why do you want to change pedals? The IC's are as good or better than anything out there, very adjustable and built like a tank.

We do not get DW pedals in South Africa and I am keeping the cobras for my acoustic kit and I do not want another set because I would like to try something new. I like the look of the direct drive Mapex Falcon very much. Anyone have any experience with it? It looks really nice and I have found Mapex to be reliable (apart from the Janus -_-).

Hello. I am sure that there are many of these threads and that you are sick of them already but I have not found a thread that answers my question and I also find that when it comes to pedals, the choice is very much personal like fitting a shoe. Even though this is the case, some input would be very helpful.

This month, I will be getting the Alesis DM10 Studio kit and I will need pedals for my new kit. I currently play with Iron Cobra Power Glide double bass pedal on my acoustic kit and I am satisfied with them as I know that good technique enables one to play quickly and solidly on even the worst pedals. However, I would like to buy pedals that are slightly newer and smoother than my ICs. I have been looking around at what people have been choosing recently and tested a few pedals including the Demon Drive which is very smooth but a bit too expensive. I have been interested in the Mapex Falcon with direct drive adapter and the Speed Cobra by Tama. I live in South Africa so I cannot get the Axis pedals and all pedals cost double the price here so please keep that in mind. I play metal and some jazz and I am 6 feet tall with size 11 US shoes. If you have any suggestions, please let me hear them.

If you are buying TAMA speed cobra, then you have to buy a new beater also within few months cos the felt beater which comes along with the pedal is the worst one and it will wear soon.. So its upto you to decide... I don have an prob with my pedal apart from this... :mad: :D :D

If you are buying TAMA speed cobra, then you have to buy a new beater also within few months cos the felt beater which comes along with the pedal is the worst one and it will wear soon.. So its upto you to decide... I don have an prob with my pedal apart from this... :mad: :D :D

I have only really needed the input of people who have used the pedals because I do not have the opportunity to test them. I am leaning towards the direct drive Falcons for about $650 but the Speed Cobras also look very nice. Premkumar, what have you used and what are you using?

Back