Dont we all hate stick marks?

I've got an Evans genra dry on a snare and it does get slight marks but it doesn't get the dirty gray stick marks and gray smear from the brushes.

For some reason I kinda like the marks now that I see my kit w/ and w/out the marks...

I don't mind them, it simply shows my drums are being used (and abused).

In any case, choosing sticks or heads based on whether or not you'll get stick marks seems a bit silly. Choose them for sound and feel, not for looks.

Last edited:
I'm with Naigewron.

Scuff marks, bald spots etc are signs of character & personality of a kit. A kit is meant to be played, not just admired in a sterile museum.

Jaco Pastorius' bass, Stevie ray Vaughan's guitar etc... are more attractive to me than brand new Fenders anyday
jaco bass.jpg

homepage2007.jpg

Patina ...

web_A_Hard_Days_Night_5_19974908_st.jpg

The only thing I can think of that may not leave any marks would be brushes. But like the others have said, don't pick sticks and heads based on if they will scuff and mark, cause then you are going to find yourself with kevlar heads all the way around your kit and using chop sticks to play with.

Yes. An unplayed drum, with an unplayed drumhead, under glass. In other words, no.

Back