drum stools - a good one?

Nope I use a Pork Pie throne every day. Love it best investment i ever made.

Likewise. paid $60 total for mine, the throne came with a few holes punched in it during shipping and the base had a few nicks in it - love it. The holes act as a great makeshift A/C when I adjust myself.

When I bought my first kit from some guy it came with a Gibralter tractor style seat with a backrest. It's comfy but heavy and clunky.

I came across a red PDP tractor throne at GC for $30 and jumped on it. Had to then go to rehearsal with crappy sticks because that's what I originally went in there for LOL. It's super light (no backrest). I use it with my practice pad and to gig with.

I could really play on anything though--milk crate, kitchen chair, office chair. Doesn't really make a difference to me.

I have a Pearl Roadster and its great really cumfy, and has a good, easy to use, adjustment to raise and lower it.

too bad the ford smart ass costs double the price of any other top end throne.
i use the tama ergo rider tractor style throne and have never had a problem with it, very comfortable and rotates well

I use this same throne, and I am a big guy and require the screw threaded post. The clamp style adjustment will not hold me unfortunately.

As you can see, there are many thrones that many drummers favour. A feature that a certain drummer loves (e.g. tractor seat), might be hated by another. Ya gotta try it yourself and see what works best for you.

I am fortunate to deal with Long and McQuade who has a 30 day return policy which allows you to try out a throne at home. I ended up with a DW 9101 low round seat which I really like.

Best

GJS

p.s. When choosing a seat, remember to remove your wallet from your back pocket; you don't want an uneven bottom when trying out thrones!

I can't get into the Pearl Roadster. My old drum drum teacher had one and I couldn't get comfy with the sloping down bit at the front of the chair.

no i have the round one, not the tractor seat one

anyone know what you actually need for the roc n soc thrones??

it seems that the just sell the actually seat rather than the stand aswell?

I have a Roc-N-Soc Nitro(Hydraulic and has 3-legs) it was one of the best things I brought for my kit ,you have too be comfortable or your playing will suffer period... I got the seat & stand when I brought it, you have too choose your style of seat(round,bicycle,etc.)

Bonzolead

I have a Roc-N-Soc Nitro(Hydraulic and has 3-legs) it was one of the best things I brought for my kit ,you have too be comfortable or your playing will suffer period... I got the seat & stand when I brought it, you have too choose your style of seat(round,bicycle,etc.)

Bonzolead

£200 is just a tad out of my price range :S

i was more thinking of one of the £70 round style roc n soc stools

im just wondering what base is needed

also, if anyone has any suggestions as to a cheaper drum stool with the same sort of quality??

perhaps with one of those spin up stands

currently im using a £18 stagg stool that i think is about 1inch thick :S
and have done for 5 years :S starting to really make my back/butt hurt

£200 is just a tad out of my price range :S

i was more thinking of one of the £70 round style roc n soc stools

im just wondering what base is needed

also, if anyone has any suggestions as to a cheaper drum stool with the same sort of quality??

perhaps with one of those spin up stands

currently im using a £18 stagg stool that i think is about 1inch thick :S
and have done for 5 years :S starting to really make my back/butt hurt

Myself I like a round seat because it sits the same way everytime a bicycle type seat only sits one way if you had one turn on you when you sit down you know what I mean.

Roc & Soc makes a spin up stand also for less $ that could be a option I know on the other side of the pond I paid $140 u.s.d. which is approx. 70-75 British but that could be because it's made over here.

Seriously I sat on a lot of drum thrones and none of them came close and a backrest is available if that's up your alley since you said your back hurts.

I know it's a lot of money and I felt the same way but after your use it the first time and feel how comfortable you are it's all worth it IMO.

Gibraltar makes decent cheap thrones through.

Good Luck,
Bonzolead

Myself I like a round seat because it sits the same way everytime a bicycle type seat only sits one way if you had one turn on you when you sit down you know what I mean.

Roc & Soc makes a spin up stand also for less $ that could be a option I know on the other side of the pond I paid $140 u.s.d. which is approx. 70-75 British but that could be because it's made over here.

Seriously I sat on a lot of drum thrones and none of them came close and a backrest is available if that's up your alley since you said your back hurts.

I know it's a lot of money and I felt the same way but after your use it the first time and feel how comfortable you are it's all worth it IMO.

Gibraltar makes decent cheap thrones through.

Good Luck,
Bonzolead

if i could get one for that price i would but here there £200 :D about $300 :S
im only 16 so getting £200 is fairly hard :S

i think i will get a round seat roc n soc

do u have a link to the spin up stands that i could hunt down??

i got a bit of mone for doing well in my exams so i thought comfort might be nice :p

if i could get one for that price i would but here there £200 :D about $300 :S
im only 16 so getting £200 is fairly hard :S

i think i will get a round seat roc n soc

do u have a link to the spin up stands that i could hunt down??

i got a bit of mone for doing well in my exams so i thought comfort might be nice :p

Musician's Friend of Guitar Center or maybe talk to Shane from "Just Drums" he would probably be able too help you out, he's on this forum also.

Good Luck,
Bonzolead

Hey Andrewski I too use a Pork Pie throne. I have the bicycle seat. I am a big guy 260lbs and this thing is built to take it. It's also very comfortable. Paid about $100.00 at MF

Back