Finally bought Iron Cobra

JENGLISH817

After years of playing on a PDP double pedal and a circa 90's Tama hi-hat stand, I went to Guitar Center and bought an Iron Cobra double pedal and an Iron Cobra lever-glide hi-hat stand. I'm in drum heaven now...

Congrats on the New Gear!!! Feels a little different than the ones you were playing huh ;-)

Oh its amazing. Everything is faster and cleaner sounding. As far as the hi-hat stand, my hi-hat work sounds much better and more clear. I knew there was a reason these things were pricey. Definitely worth the $$$

Yep that's why we recommend saving the money for the better gear there IS a difference ;-)

Glad they are working out for you!

After years of playing on a PDP double pedal and a circa 90's Tama hi-hat stand, I went to Guitar Center and bought an Iron Cobra double pedal and an Iron Cobra lever-glide hi-hat stand. I'm in drum heaven now...

wow dude, nice! I was thinking about getting the iron cobra power-glide, or the dw 5000 turbo. I'm probably going to go with the iron cobra because i've heard so much about it.

The 5000's are great too, really not much difference in feel between them and the Cobras. I ultimately went with the Cobras because I have a Tama set and am victim of brand loyalty, lol. Either way, you can not go wrong. Let me know what you choose.

So my Cobras came with Felt, Rubber, and Wood beaters. On my old double pedal (PDP 400 series) I used the rubber beaters because the pedal wasn't very responsive and I wanted more umph in my playing. Now that I have the amazing Iron Cobras, I can get great sound out of all of them. I know its a personal preference thing, but just wondering what beaters you IC users are playing with.

Back