Attention all Pearl Eliminator users

MisterZero

What color cam do you use....and why? I am changing them around trying to find out which one I like, and can't seem to really settle on any one of them. Anyone out there care to share with what color they use?

Red for me. I like the fast but solid feel and the action of it the best. It's the same shape as the DW5000 strap drive cam that I used for years before getting the Eliminator.

When I use my Eliminator pedal it's usually with the "blue" cam.

Dennis

Thanks, Fuo. I did a search first before creating this thread, but didnt see anything on it. I am partial to the red as well. I like the idea of different cams. It makes it much more versatile.

Thanks, Fuo. I did a search first before creating this thread, but didnt see anything on it. I am partial to the red as well. I like the idea of different cams. It makes it much more versatile.

Being able to change the cams makes it nice to get the feel you like, but does anyone ever really change from the one they like the best?

I'm not saying it's a gimmick, because a lot more people can find just the right feel, and it's different than the varied "notches" or whatever other pedals offer, and that's great.

I've tried other cams, and some parts of the action I kinda liked, but the Red one is what works perfectly for me (in any setting), so I never mess with it.

I didn't hear any difference in the sound, (I don't think that was the intent) just the feel under my foot.

Any of you ever change the cams?

Like most of you....

I like the red ones best too, but the blue ones are also great.

Any of you ever change the cams?

I used the blue when I had an Elim single pedal, but I sold that and got the Elim doubles. I experimented with all 4 of them and decided I liked the red ones best. Truth be told, I didn't notice a huge difference between the two, but the red felt a bit better to me and was the more "aggressive" of the two in terms of the action (which it's supposed to be) so I stuck with those ones.

Anyone ever use the purple or yellow cams that you can buy separately? What are they like?

Back