Neil Peart drum clinic, Irvine Meadows, 1992: Rare footage just posted on YouTube

Oh my!

I was there. Man, I wish the camera had pulled out at times, maybe you could see the back of my head.

I had no idea (or at least no memory) of a camera rolling at the time.

Wow, now I can relive the experience.

Oh my!

I was there. Man, I wish the camera had pulled out at times, maybe you could see the back of my head.

I had no idea (or at least no memory) of a camera rolling at the time.

Wow, now I can relive the experience.

What side of Neil's setup are you on? I might be able to find you in the crowd. Did you ever get to ask Neil any questions or no?

What side of Neil's setup are you on? I might be able to find you in the crowd. Did you ever get to ask Neil any questions or no?

I want to say just slightly stage right of center, middle or back of the pack.

I did ask him a question. I don't remember exactly what it was. I was just so determined to be able to ask him a question, I came up with something stupid to ask about. I didn't much care about the question or answer, I just wanted to be able to say I talked to him. lol. I think I asked him what inspired the tom pattern during the chorus of "Chemistry" or some such, and his answer had something to do with listening to the band "Japan".

He wouldn't sign autographs, but he did give everyone a pre-prepared autographed poster, which I still have to this day.

I want to say just slightly stage right of center, middle or back of the pack.

I did ask him a question. I don't remember exactly what it was. I was just so determined to be able to ask him a question, I came up with something stupid to ask about. I didn't much care about the question or answer, I just wanted to be able to say I talked to him. lol. I think I asked him what inspired the tom pattern during the chorus of "Chemistry" or some such, and his answer had something to do with listening to the band "Japan".

He wouldn't sign autographs, but he did give everyone a pre-prepared autographed poster, which I still have to this day.

It was after sound check I'm assuming right? But did you ever get to stay for the show that night or just the clinic?

It was during the clinic.

I had seen the band the night before, so i didn't stay for the 2nd show that night.

Interesting. There should've been a part where you could go play on Neil's drums and if I had a time machine (get it?) back to 1992, I would've sat down at Neil's kit, and just played an entire Rush song note for note, in front of Neil himself.

Interesting. There should've been a part where you could go play on Neil's drums and if I had a time machine (get it?) back to 1992, I would've sat down at Neil's kit, and just played an entire Rush song note for note, in front of Neil himself.

We weren't allowed to play the drums, or even get behind the drums.

There were 50 of us there, if I recall right, and 50 kids all playing a Rush song each would end up being hours and hours long. lol.

Back