Steven Adlers heads

Rudd Fan 92

Hello.What drum heads did steven adler use when he was with guns n roses.And what heads would get me close to his tom and snare sound.My kit is a tama starclassic performer birch 24 13 16 18.thanks

Just a guess but I think he used Remo clear emps on toms and a coated emp on a supraphonic snare.

I have some old GNR concert vids, and he was using clear Pinstripes on the Black Pearl kit.
Pretty sure it was a clear Black Dot on the snare.

Not sure what he used for heads when he went to Tama, but the Appetite kit was Pearl.

You could always Friend or message him on Facebook and ask him yourself too (!!)

Definitely Pinstripes on his toms
Clear CS w/black dot on his snare
Clear Pinstripe on the kick.

As he got closer to his end with gnr, he was using Coated Emperors on toms and snare and Pinstripe Clear on the kick.

The kit Steven Adler recorded “Appetite for Destruction” with is very different from the one he played once the band got popular (ie the black Tama and Pearl kits). His original stage set up and the kit he used on the album were an old Tama Imperialstar consisting of only a 14x24 bass drum, 16x18 floor tom and a maple 8x14 snare. He used a hi-hat, two crashes and a ride. This kit can be seen in many photos of the band from 1986-88 and he appears to be using a combination of Remo heads including Pinstripes, Clear Emperors and a coated something on his snare.

Attachments

• 76038bacd7a074f9874c7110_L.jpg
    76038bacd7a074f9874c7110_L.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 2,939
Back