Legless Hi-Hat Stand

Im looking for a legless hihat stand for my drumset. I cant really find any. I see there is a gibraltar legless stand for around $120, but i dont know if its any good?? Has anybody had experience with it? I'd rather not use a remote stand either.

The Gibraltar is fine. As with most everything they make it is sturdy and performs well. I like the Sonor quite a lot, but it is not cheap.

Thanks! Yea i wanted the one thomas lang uses. Its a legless sonor stand, but i could only find it for like $300 something, thats just too much for me! haha

I had the Gibraltar, and quite frankly, I thought it was a "piece of ....." , so I got rid of it. Cat I knew needed one, so I just gave it to him. I have a Tama legless right now, on an almost "permanent loan" from a buddy drummer of mine. Much better action. Look on eBay, they were all the rage, 25 years ago. Not so much now.

Indeed. You have to look at the design carefully. Some are easier than others, to "convert" to legless.

Where does the stand get anchored? In the old days, a legless hat was attached to the appropriate kick in a double-kick kit. That was fine, as it placed the hat pedal next to that kick's pedal, but it also meant accepting the hat's position based on where that kick sat. Often it resulted in the cymbals being farther away from the snare than was comfortable.

Personally, I've never had a problem with my hat's legs being in the way of other stands or the 2nd kick pedal.

Bermuda

The only real reason to use a legless stand IMHO is if you have two (or more) bass drums. Even in that case you should be able to fold up the legs on the stand, use a bass drum attachment clamp, and Bob's your uncle.

If positioning the legs around slave pedals and other things is your issue, either get a three-leg rotating hat stand or a two-leg stand. Shop for a two-leg stand that is stable on its own, or you may end up trying to find a clamp solution that works.

If positioning the legs around slave pedals and other things is your issue, either get a three-leg rotating hat stand or a two-leg stand.

The rotating legs work really well for me, positioning can be much trickier without that.

Bermuda

The rotating legs work really well for me, positioning can be much trickier without that.

Bermuda
I use a two leg Iron Cobra Lever Glide.
No problems with the rotating legs also.
It's a great stand.

I just wanted to get a legless stand so i could have more foot room, but i will probably just get the 2 legged Iron Cobra stand. Thanks

also, i wanted to get a new Bass pedal. I want a double bass pedal, but ive been having trouble deciding which ones i want to get. I dont have the advantage of trying pedals out at stores, since the closest guitar center is 90 minutes away. I've been trying to decide if i want The Iron cobras, or the speed cobras, or the mapex falcons, and maybe even other pedals like the sonor giant step series. The sonor pedals are way too expensive for me, so what are some pedals that are similar to those?

Hello, this fellow Travis Orbin uses a legless hi-hat with one bass drum. I will attach a video where you can watch him lead with either hand or foot. He applies a nicely balanced symmetrical approach. This example is in a metal band setting but if you mosey over to his website at http://travisorbin.com/default.htm you can see examples of his playing in a diverse number of genre.

This is raw unedited footage from a club date in Fort Lauderdale.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kmSGk1BtPg

Back