Roc n Soc - to bounce or not to bounce

muckypops

I've settled on getting a nice Roc n Soc throne. I'm having trouble deciding if I want the one with the shock that bounces a little or the solid one. I think the bouncing would be cool but then again maybe not.

Anybody got any insight on the pros and cons of a bouncy throne? I'm gonna try it before I buy it but some advice from more seasoned players out there would be greatly appreciated.

I got the nitro shock throne. I don't even recognize when it bounces. I suppose it does...

I got the nitro shock throne. I don't even recognize when it bounces. I suppose it does...

+ 1 on this u dont feel any bounce, I dont personally.
If u r set on one I have mine for sale do to medical reasons I have to change the bikers sit, in need of something round w more cushion. So if u interested shoot me a PM I can send u pics

The great thing about the bounce is that it allows some of the shock from all those impacts to dissipate out of your body. As someone who's been dealing with back injuries for the past four years, I can tell you that it does make a big difference.

I played once on a very bouncy stage. Ended looking like Chris Adler, but the bouncing actually helped some with time keeping. It just looked very funny.

I went with the original one and because I plan to keep this throne for a long time, I feared the nitro gaz absorber would eventually fail... Imagine that during an important gig.

I have the nitro and don't notice any bouncing, but I do notice how harsh any other throne is as my body is more fatiqued from taking shock that would otherwise get absorbed with my nitro throne.

I'll never buy any other throne than the nitro after investing in my first one.

I ordered a nitro throne. I noticed the same thing. After I sat on one the others just felt crappy. Thanks for all the good posts :)

I got one for x-mas and have since been wondering why I didn't get one years ago. I don't have any back troubles or anything, they're just ridiculously comfortable and stable to play on. Seems highly unlikely you'll be at all disappointed.

My nitro failed on me at a gig. I do love the feel of the nitro, but went w/ a spindle for the gigs. If I could be guaranteed that the cylinder didn't fail, I'd get another nitro in a heartbeat.

My nitro failed on me at a gig. I do love the feel of the nitro, but went w/ a spindle for the gigs. If I could be guaranteed that the cylinder didn't fail, I'd get another nitro in a heartbeat.

Just out of curiosity how old was it when it failed?

I went with a Roc n Soc Lunar throne. Has the hydraulics but doesn't bounce. Very sturdy and secure. Won't ever tip on this thing. Same price as the other Roc's to.

Attachments

• MVC-820F.JPG
    MVC-820F.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 1,217
I like the gas shock feel. I have a spindle/tripod throne that is smaller and more portable and I prefer the less stiff feel of the gas shock, especially for longer playing sessions.

I don't notice the bounce when I play. I bought the Nitro after a shop owner recommended it. I sat on his that was over 10 years old and I was sold. Try sitting on a Tama First Chair and then the Nitro. You'll buy the Nitro.

luv mine with the shock and like most the others I don't notice it at all. I do notice that I don't notice any discomfort from my bad back when using it. You'll like it...!!!!!!

Back