DW 9000 or 9002?

Rex renolds

Hey guys,

Was wondering if i could trouble you for your opinions? First off i am a very novice drummer, don't have allot of time on a kit but am slowly learning. I have recently been offered a great deal on a brand new DW 9000 kick pedal and for $100 more a brand new DW 9002 (double kick pedal). Both pedals are being offered well under retail.
Was just wondering what pedal you guys would suggest getting? I have never played a double kick pedal and was just wondering if it would be worth it to pay the extra $100 bucks to pick it up or should i just stick with a single kick until i have more experience/skill?
Any input is more than welcome.

Thanks guys,
-Rex

Go for the double and give yourself options.

You know if you don't want to play double pedal you can just detach the slave pedal, connecting rod and beater.

Agree with Dre, at some point you will want the other pedal, might as well pick it up now and learn how to play with it.

My question would be, why the 9000? For a novice drummer there are a ton of other options for pedals that will cost you signifigantly less. Dont get me wrong, I play a 9002 and I think they are the best pedals on the market, but you might want to look at a set of 5000's or Pearl Eliminators and spend the money you save on other things you will need. I assure you either of those pedals will do just fine for somebody in the early stages of drumming.

And I agree with both posts above.

If you think there's a chance you might ever want to try a double, get that. You can always use it as a single.
I like the DW - I have a single, but there are lots of other less expensive pedals available.
If you really want a DW though, and can get a good deal on it - go for it.

Double

I did the same with my DW5002 double pedal. Knowing I probably wouldn't use the slave side very much, I bought it because it was a great deal. That way, if I ever needed it, I had it. I have since upgraded to a 9000, but I keep the double pedal around just in case.

Thanks for all the replies guys.

i totally agree with me not needing such a high-end expensive pedal but like i said I'm being offered either pedal for way under retail so why not? I figured that i could get the 9002 and detach the extra pedal and beater if needed but wasn't sure if using it that way would have any disadvantage over a regular 9000 as far as feel, function or playability.

Thanks again for all the input guys i really do appreciate it.

-Rex

I figured that i could get the 9002 and detach the extra pedal and beater if needed but wasn't sure if using it that way would have any disadvantage over a regular 9000 as far as feel, function or playability.

Nope. Once the slave pedal is detached you have a 9000 for all intensive purposes. I have played on numerous 9000 singles and they feel exactly like the primary pedal of my 9002. They are absolutely wonderful pedals and don't think for a minute I am trying to talk you out of buying them. If you have the cash and an get a good deal, get them, you will not be disappointed.

for all intensive purposes..

Sorry, I have to be "that guy" and correct the grammar. This one bugs me the most, and today I just can't let it go by. So sorry, forgive me. You're a good guy.

It's supposed to read....for all intents and purposes.

Back to the regularly scheduled programming...my suggestion would be to get the 9002. That way you will have one of the best pedals made... for cheap.... and then you're done with it.

Sorry, I have to be "that guy" and correct the grammar. This one bugs me the most, and today I just can't let it go by. So sorry, forgive me. You're a good guy.

Back to the regularly scheduled programming...my suggestion would be to get the 9002. That way you will have one of the best pedals made... for cheap.... and then you're done with it.

I would of done that as well but anyways

^^^ those are the two that make my eye twitch

sorry back to the topic

I don't personally like any of the 9000 series

I'm a 5000 guy .... probably stuck in my ways...but so be it

Oh good now when I come up to visit, I know how to get under your skin! Funny, anyways doesn't bother me in the least. Would of done...I never took notice to. In fact I probably say it. Yes, I am sure of it. I definitely have said that. Haga!

I like all DW's pedals, I like the feel. Seriously, I have 2000's, 3000's, 5000's, and one 9000. I use a 2000 with the Guru set. I gig with the 5000. The 9000 is a nice feeling pedal, but the footplate is just too darn wide. I had to grind it down on my grinder, and it still gets in the way of my tuning rods on my Ludwig kits. I know Bo doesn't like the inside spring adjustment. It is harder to get at, but since I've set it, I never had to adjust it, so it's kind of a non-issue with me.

I have an Iron Cobra too. I don't prefer the feel of that pedal.

Well there you go. Learn something new every day.

" For all intensive purposes" kind of has a nice ring to it. Especially when applied to bass drum pedals.

LOL

Back