Yamaha Recording Customs...

jofizzm

Deep aqua finish. Still in the process of changing out the heads. Sounds amazing...
14" Yamaha birch custom snare
13" Meinl Byzance brilliant medium hats
8" Meinl HCS splash
14" Meinl Byzance brilliant china
15" Meinl Byzance brilliant thin crash
16" Meinl MB8 heavy crash
20" Meinl Byzance dark raw bell ride
12" Meinl MB8 splash
18" Meinl Byzance dark crash
2806rkg.jpg

11rf1jl.jpg

6fo4gh.jpg

Nice. Don't leave them in your unlocked car in my neighborhood! (just kidding...)

Yamaha RC's ... if you can only own 1 birch shelled drum set, this is the set to have. My RC's ... 22, 12, 14 ... and searching for a matching 16.​

Attachments

• 6a00e54f08b7be883401348681aa8c970c-800wi.jpg
    6a00e54f08b7be883401348681aa8c970c-800wi.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 4,232
That's a classy looking finish you've got there. If I have one gripe with my kit, it's that I wish my 14" had legs as opposed to hanging.

I also just noticed your flying dragon, nice!

Thanx. This is actually my second RC kit. My first was a Tobacco Burst finish, 22, 13, 16 sizes. After two years of trying to find an add on drum ... I sold the kit on eBay. The guy who bought it had a snare that matched, but nothing else (until he scored my kit). This one I've had for about a year. Cost me $995. I'll probably never sell this one.​

That Tobacco Burst is super nice too. I like the RC finishes with more flair myself, that's why I jumped on mine. Six piece for $1500 sounded good to me, but it's also more drums than I need, but it is what it is.

I posted this as well in the other Yamaha Drums thread but it fits better here actually.

I put them in semi-retirement this past year but these have been my workhorse's since I purchased them back around 1985. They've done hundreds and hundreds of live gigs and spent countless hours in recording studios. I love them and will never, ever part with them.

The snare drum shown is the Steve Gadd Signature Brass I purchased when they orignally came out. Serial #213.

I actually just set these up a week or so ago to clean them up and get them ready for longer-term storage as I have a new Gretsch New Classic set on the way (hopefully). I figured as long as I had them out, I'd snap a few pics of them.

Not a very good picture, but you get the idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Six piece for $1500 sounded good to me, but it's also more drums than I need, but it is what it is.
Always better to have more drums (you don't have to set 'em all up) than not enough.​

Gorgeous. I've always had a set of Yammy RC's on my wishlist, probably with this finish.

I posted this as well in the other Yamaha Drums thread but it fits better here actually.

I put them in semi-retirement this past year but these have been my workhorse's since I purchased them back around 1985. They've done hundreds and hundreds of live gigs and spent countless hours in recording studios. I love them and will never, ever part with them.

The snare drum shown is the Steve Gadd Signature Brass I purchased when they orignally came out. Serial #213.

I actually just set these up a week or so ago to clean them up and get them ready for longer-term storage as I have a new Gretsch New Classic set on the way (hopefully). I figured as long as I had them out, I'd snap a few pics of them.

Not a very good picture, but you get the idea.

Gorgeous. I've always had a set of Yammy RC's on my wishlist, probably with this finish.

Thank you! I do love their sound for sure. The finish was my favorite then when I was picking them out and remains pleasant to me after all these years.

I have owned. Cherrywood lacquer RC kit (Pre-YESS) and an Apple sparkle fade RC kit with YESS mounts and both were beautiful looking sets, but the finish I have always loved was the Blue Burst finish like the set David Garibaldi plays. Those are just stunning and rare.

If you notice my former kit had clear interiors and Yamaha Aluminum diecast hoops. This was an Endorser kit that I purchased. I found I preferred the sound of the Kapur shelled Club Customs more than the Recording Customs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 2,218
Last edited:
Back