Hardware tote cases?

turbojerk

So I’m looking at hardware cases and I’m really not like the prices that I’ve been seeing…

Anyone else using something that you found cheaper to haul your hardware around in? I’ looking for something approx 4’ long to hold my HH stand and a 2-sided rack and other misc. stuff

So I’m looking at hardware cases and I’m really not like the prices that I’ve been seeing…

Anyone else using something that you found cheaper to haul your hardware around in? I’ looking for something approx 4’ long to hold my HH stand and a 2-sided rack and other misc. stuff

Duffle bag from an Army surplus store 25$

I once saw a drummer use an old, large, beat-up golf club bag for his stands. He played a small mismatched vintage kit in an old school rockabilly band.

GJS

Consider multiple cases:

1) They are easier to move (since each is lighter than one very large case)
2) They are easier to transport (since each is smaller than one very large case)
3) They give you greater flexibility (since you can use just one small case if you want to gig with a very small kit rather than using a partially filled very large case)

GJS

p.s. I have a couple of The North Face duffle bags that serve as hardware cases.

Go to a flea market or garage sale and pick up a used golf bag, see if ya can get one with the attached wheel cart or back pack straps; remove the top part with the holes and there ya have a nice gear hauler.

When I gig I use an old Adidas gym bag. Fits 2 medium weight boom stands, throne base, snare stand, floor tom legs, and the hi hat stand. Fits in the trunk of my car and I can carry it myself no problem.

The Contico case I use to store all my extra stuff at home, because its a little too big for my trunk.

I put my hardware inside my riser then fold it up. Its big enough that I dont have to break any stands down just fold the legs in. Plus Ive been using it so long that there are dents in the foam backed carpet where all the legs go so it make for a quick set up.

As mentioned before about using a golf bag,... I found a REAL nice golf bag with built in wheels that a bought from a co-worker for $25. The rack an all fit in very well!

I used to use one of those foot lockers with wheels on one corner, but as I've pared my kit down to what I need on a gig, which is really three stands plus snare and hi-hat, I've found it easier (both in terms of packing the car and moving the hardware) to simply carry it loose two or three pieces at a time. That foot locker got pretty heavy and is probably why I have so many lower back problems now.

I have Gator 15x36 inch bags without wheels for my smaller kits. (4 and 5 piece in fusion/jazz sizes)
The hardware weighs around 80 LBS for those kits.

I have a Gator bag with wheels for my larger 6 piece Rock kit.
The hardware weighs slightly over 100 LBS for that kit.

88 keys soft piano bag on a very lightweight hand truck! Been using this set up for 20 years now. I've had to patch up the inside of the bag about 5 times and I've gone through 3 of these hand trucks (rubber tires) but its worked fine for me. Just bungy the bag on the truck with 2 bungy's and Away it goes, you can pack it laying down or standing.

If its NOT on wheels, it stays HOME!! Doc.

keep your es on the sporting section of craigslist. i see hard cases thee all the time.

grab an SKB. hard case with wheels, i have been using one for years

Back