Gibraltar Hihat Clutch

*Digs thread*

I've just noticed that ever since I started playing the hi-hat pedal properly, my hi-hat clutches need to be constantly re-tightened. I'm referring to the bottom screw that keeps the top hat secured. And it happens on every kit that I play.

Can I make this annoyance go away by getting one of these?

I have a DW drop clutch that has a square head bolt in it to stop that happening. My Mapex 700 series hi-hat stand came with a clutch that has a nylon nut - that never loosens either.

I did have a Pearl drop clutch that did just this - most annoying thing ever. Horribly embarrassing when mid gig your clutch falls apart and you have to fix it between songs.

I have a DW drop clutch that has a square head bolt in it to stop that happening.

Ha, my dw clutch has the same.

I took the thing out because I was trying to diagnose a rattle in my new 9500 hat stand, I was worried tightening it properly would damage the thread but now that I look at the design it's probably fine.

Problem solved (at least when I'm using that clutch).

is it just me ?? Gibraltar Quick release is cool , but it makes my hats a little too "floppy" and I can't seem to tighten the nuts to restrict the movement?

Back