Drum Tattoos?

I just got this super sweet tat. What do you guys think?

Oh, my.

What do the kids today all say? Epic fail!!

I see "your" and "you're" confused all over these days. From Drummerworld to the mainstream press by supposedly educated journalists no less. I'd hate to have some muppet confuse the two whilst inking my back, but in a generations time no-one will know the difference anyway, so it seems.

But I've NEVER seen Jimi confused for Marley before. The mind boggles!

But I've NEVER seen Jimi confused for Marley before.
OMG!! I didn't notice that!! okay okay (breathe Mike, breathe).... okay. So do you guys think I should ink Marley's face over Hendrix's, or should I just redo the Marley letters to say Hendrix? Soooo hard to decide. Which guy do you guys like better? Who's the better singer? Maybe I should buy their records and see who I like better... prolly easier to take a poll, though... Aarghh!

Just draw a line through Bob Marley and put Jimmy Hendrix under it.

Maybe I should buy their records and see who I like better... prolly easier to take a poll, though... Aarghh!

You trying them out for yourself runs against the spirit of all reputable drum forums. Why would you educate yourself when you can get the opinions of guys you've neither met, nor understand the playing experiences that have had them form their given preferences?

Nope, your last thought is your best thought........the BEST approach is to take a poll and seek the opinions of strangers, by asking "who is best, Hendrix versus Marley?"......regardless of their level of experience, bias, or working knowledge! :)

Last edited:
OMG!! I didn't notice that!! okay okay (breathe Mike, breathe).... okay. So do you guys think I should ink Marley's face over Hendrix's, or should I just redo the Marley letters to say Hendrix? Soooo hard to decide. Which guy do you guys like better? Who's the better singer? Maybe I should buy their records and see who I like better... prolly easier to take a poll, though... Aarghh!

I think you should label it Sugar Ray Leonard and call it a draw.

While we're at grammar... Native speakers do mix up quite a number of things. It's all around this forum!

"it's" vs. "its"... "it's" = "it is" <-> "its" = possessive pronoun (like "his", "her")
"your" vs. "you're" -> Now that's a homophone meaning the pronunciation is the same, you can't tell the spelling just by hearing, you have to know the context.

"then" vs. "than" (there is a difference in pronunciation but hey, obviously some don't care.)

And basically, it's "whether", not "if" in sentences like "I don't know whether...", but hey, language is an evolving beast so what was wrong some time (from the grammar purists' point of view) might be correct a few years/decades later.

I'm not to teach anybody, just trying to get some of you a bit more aware. As to tattoos... I don't have any, don't need any. Never will have/need. But still better than smoking (which I also don't need, never needed).

Tattoo-2.jpg

Yes ... yes you are

I'm not to teach anybody, just trying to get some of you a bit more aware...

BTW, You could provide to the forum a glossary of the abreviations used in some posts,LOL, it could be useful for the non-native speakers IMHO, haha. :)

Here's some very few samples FYI:

IMO
IMHO
LOL
BTW
OMG
ATM
FYI
IDK
OP

IDK, what's your view on this one?

BTW, this post IMO has nothing to do with the OP topic, LOL

Mad About Drums,
ok... since you've asked - here's my view:

WTF??? ;-)

PS: I've forgot one thing - "mouvement" -> "movement"...
Is it you doing so? Haha. Forgive me.

Also... "rediculous" -> "ridiculous"
"defiantly" -> "definitely"... Geez, one could compile a whole dictionary. Now it's time for me to shut up in this thread. No tattoo... no talking here.

i have a dislike tattoos, lot of my mates have them but i think they just look tatty
if i was to get one done it would be by some of those miami ink people or whatever

So do you guys think I should ink Marley's face over Hendrix's, or should I just redo the Marley letters to say Hendrix?

Nah!!! You just want to add dreadlocks to Jimi's hair + a wolly hat, that will do the trick nicely, and be cleaner looking IMO. ;-))

Also... "rediculous" -> "ridiculous"

OK Arky, a little background info from before you were a member...Anytime you see this word "rediculous", it's probably meant as a D'World inside joke, referencing...I forget who it is now. Could it have been Tommycanuhearme? Anyway, this person unknowingly misspelled the word and it has been a cult hit around here ever since. So enter that word in the DW dictionary. Along with the phrase "going to the coast" and the acronym "PEWFLADCC". Perhaps my own term "butt strap" would qualify. OK shameless promotion, I do get a kick from seeing it thrown around here lol.

OK Arky, a little background info from before you were a member...Anytime you see this word "rediculous", it's probably meant as a D'World inside joke, referencing...I forget who it is now. Could it have been Tommycanuhearme? Anyway, this person unknowingly misspelled the word and it has been a cult hit around here ever since. So enter that word in the DW dictionary. Along with the phrase "going to the coast" and the acronym "PEWFLADCC". Perhaps my own term "butt strap" would qualify. OK shameless promotion, I do get a kick from seeing it thrown around here lol.

Glad you cleared that up Larry. I was going to start calling my snare wires a buttstrap from now on.

Thought I had stumbled on some secret insider term that would've instantly gained me some drummer street cred when I started throwing it around the drum shop.

Glad you cleared that up Larry. I was going to start calling my snare wires a buttstrap from now on.

Thought I had stumbled on some secret insider term that would've instantly gained me some drummer street cred when I started throwing it around the drum shop.

Yea, no don't throw it around the drum shop just yet, the civilian drumming community isn't ready for that yet I don't think. It's a DW thing ;) Kinda like knowing the secret handshake, shhh! Technically the butt strap is the strap that goes from your snare wire to the butt plate. Or conversely it could be used as a punishment device for unruly kids.

My first post here! From Finland! =)

Skull is from one snare drum, and sticks crosses behind. Not best possible photo but I think you understand it = )

Sorry gentlemen, but the RLRR LRLL thing on the knuckles has been done already....

Ain't that the truth. Especially neck tattoos. As a general rule, I've observed that the more tattoos someone has, and the more visible they are, they less disposable income they have to invest in tattoos, but they do it anyway.

Haha... guy I worked with is covered (including his neck) with ink--very good work, nonetheless. But yea, he got laid off recently. A few days later he posted pictures on facebook of him getting a new tattoo. :p

I have one, which covers the outside of my thigh. Not drum-related, however.

Back