Derek Roddy here!

Re: Derek Roddy

hey bro....Had a great hang at PPC....will you still be in London after the 24rrth?

You BA you!
hugs
PM

EDIT: A few videos are online now at meinlcymbals.com !

Hi there. I´ve been at the Meinl Drum Festival too and had a blast. Drove almost 11 hours to see Chris Adler and Derek Roddy, of course. ;-) Awesome performance and a really nice, friendly guy.
Bernhard was given the first Meinl Achievment Award for his duty on drummerworld.com. Again, congrats Bernhard !

So, here are some pics ...
img3028gl7.jpg

img3032ih7.jpg

img3040ny4.jpg

img3046zp3.jpg

img3056eo1.jpg

img3058xn4.jpg

Can´t wait to see some video footage.

Last edited:

Derek your kit is so amazing it makes me cry looking at it haha.

I just bought the Sonor Force 2007 Fusion model kit, with Sabian B8 cymbal pack. Its pretty nice :)

What are your thoughts on that kit?

Wow, that´s great. Have to import it though but I guess It´ll be worth it. Is he on the cover of that issue ?!

I had never heard Derek play until today. I now have a new respect for metal drumming.This guy is playing at speeds I didn't think were humanly possible. I'm going to practice a few of his exercises. Phew!

Got Dereks book yesterday in the mail. Really looked forward to this and I´m way more surprised as I thought I would be.

I love Jason Bittners book, but if I have to make a decision, I´d definately pick Dereks.

The CD rules, every lesson in the book is well, short played on the cd.
The 3 play-along tracks are killer, now I know what he played at meinl ! ^^

It´s too bad that the most music stores over here in germany are not able to order it, to my luck I found it on ebay.

Thank YOU D. !

*cough* Could you do something to activate my account ? *cough*

I'll check into it for ya.
Mike ( the webmaster) has to enter them all by hand now (because of spammers)
I'm getting so many members now that he's having a hard time keeping up with it.
I'll let you know or it could just be a few more days.
Sorry about that.
Cheers.
D.

Not a problem, of course I can wait a few days. If Mike´s a drummer it would suck to loose the fingers because of typing with 800 beats per button ! ;-P

Derek Roddy + Metal= some of the best drumming ever.

Does Derek Roddy use triggers? Or does he EQ his tracks alot?

They're pretty crisp because they pick up every stroke he takes.

And he takes ALOT of strokes.

I don't know if this has been covered already but does Derek blast with 1 foot or two feet? The reason I'm asking is because I saw a few videos of george kollias doing a clinic and he said in a few of those videos that he think blasting with two feet is cheating. I can't help but think that this guy has a bit of an ego. Like he's racing with other drummers? Last time I checked, music was not a race. If someone blasts with 2 feet, it's easier to do than a single foot blast. Because of triggers, the result is the same. I just think that the single foot blast is a way of saying "I'm better than you". at least thats how george kollias makes it seem.

Back