Billy Hart

OO yeah! this drummrr is very interesting!
I liked his project with Joe Lovano, Mike Brecker and Dave Liebman!
Great drummer

Hey Guys,
He actually has a book out with his transcriptions and also minus drums to play along with. It has a really good explanation of his playing and all.

Fair enough man, and so you did! Billy is a great player and has somehow avoided being awarded the praise reserved for his collegues. It's unfortunate.
G

It is unfortunate. He's played on a lot of really great sessions and his longevity...he's still going strong. It seems he will never be looked on as one of the truly great jazz players though, apart from among the jazz buffs, which is rather sad really.

This is a ''big battle drums'' that involves TWO *drummers of the ''New-Modern-Hard-Boppers '' jazz drumming styles.,!!.
Joe Lovano ,sax TRIO ,Andrew Cyrille ,dr - Billy Hart ,dr NewYork,2000.,for Informactions E-Mail me..: [email protected] - JOE LOVANO,.sax *SPECIAL - TRIO* ,,ANDREW CYRILLE.,dr..+..BILLY HART.,dr Live at ‘’Knitting Factory’’ New York-City 27*August 2000 vd.prv t.1h,20''...Vd710,.-
- , -

I took lessons with Billy Hart, already in the mid 80´s!

He is a top guy. You´ll get inside info from someone who played with EVERYONE in Jazz, his advise is invaluable. He knows a lot about drumming, music, he is very articulated and is a great great guy, everyone loves Billy in the scene!

One of the best teachers I had!

Best regards!

Back