Gimping hi-hat stand

BassDriver

Silver Member
Okay, I'm thinking about taking one of the legs off of my hi-hat stand (u know, make some room).

It's a Tama Roadpro hi-hat stand, how would one go about that and still let the change be reversible...

...and hacking off the leg is not going to happen.

Thought about doing this with my Pearl HH stand, BD......what I came up with was to drill out one of the bolts/rivets connecting the top of the leg to the actual stand and then replacing that part with a run of the mill screw and nut.....that way it'll be useable as a two or a three leg stand. Haven't done it yet, but I'm considering going that way. Might help you!!

Sorry, quick edit.....you'll need to do the same with the support brace as well.

Last edited:
In my opinion, I highly encourage you NOT to try removing one of the legs. I'm sure you can find a two-legged hi-hat stand for somewhere between 100-150. Tama makes wonderful two-legged hi hat stands, like the iron cobra velo glide.

There isn't much difference between 3-legged hi-hat stands and those with two, as the pedal assembly acts as another leg in both cases.

There isn't much difference between 3-legged hi-hat stands and those with two, as the pedal assembly acts as another leg in both cases.

If you have a double pedal that third leg can get in the way which is where the two leg come in very handy.

I did what pocket-full-of Gold suggests. I'm not familiar with the Tama Road Pro, but the stand would need to have a solid "stabilizer plate" attached to the foot board, as opposed to a wire radius rod connecting to the bottom frame of the stand, Otherwise the stand will just fall over. I tried this on an old tama single braced hh stand with a radius rod, and it would not stand up during playing. I just re-attached the leg with screws.

Jim

Don't. cut the leg off trade it in on a 2-legged one I use a dw5000 2-legged one and love it.

In my experience every time I try too modify drums it never turns out as good as I thought you may ruin you're hi-hat stand then you're out a hi-hat stand.

Get a new or used 2-legged stand and have it right the first time.

Bonzolead

Back