I love my new Emad2

VenusSlyTrap

Replaced my batter head on my Pearl EXP bass drum, which was in bad need of a new head, & i am i nlove with the sound that the Emad2 gives me.
NO muffling neccesary besides the foam ring that comes with the head.

As someone who has just started playing again in the last few moths, im omre inspired than ever & know that my drums will sound just the way i want them to come gig-time.
Short, pronounced sound, with control & still a nice boom if I take the ring out while losing none of the qualities i just mentioned.

Now to get a reso head & resos for my 10,12,14, & 16" tommies :)

I have the single-play EMAD as the batter head on my 22" Export bass drum. On the front I put an EQ1 Resonant. It sounds good and deep. Peace and goodwill.

Also glad to hear this as I should have an EMAD2 on the way to me soon. I also just got back into drumming and decided that instead of getting new drums I would just replace my heads with quality heads to get the best out of my old, lower budget kit.

Glad to hear that it's working well for you!

Cheers

Thanx, all my toms now have G2s & G1s on them, & have given them the sound i generally want.I have a good time tuning the toms & actually enjoy it believe it or not.
I havent got the reso for the kick drum yet, once i find a new job that will be a priority.

Cheers for your replies folks :)
Gotta love this place :)

I have the GMAD on my 22x18 Ludwig Classic Maple and I love it. The sound has both a nice boom and projection.

the Emad2 is the deepest head i ever tried. sounded like a subwoofer with a 24" kick and a coated amb on front

I've got a EMAD on my 22" Vision kick drum. When I first put that head on the drum it was one of the OMG moments. These EMAD heads will get the most out of your kick drum!

i'm a diehard remo guy, but i had a dead sounding ludwig 20x24 centennial, with stock tawanese ps3's front and rear. it just sounded bad. i've never liked ps3's, so, on a whim, i tried an emad2. it was an omg moment here, as well. actually, i just burst out laughing, as the thing went from tupperware, to volcanic eruption, with a head change. i've since put emad2's on all of my kicks.

Love the Emad system! I have mini tube lugs on my truth kit and the tension rods were just a hair too short when I tried to install the Emad2. I was quite upset.... Well I guess powerstroke 3 it is then. Either that or new tension rods & claws. I still use Emad2 clear on the shine kit though! Great sound

i'm a diehard remo guy, but i had a dead sounding ludwig 20x24 centennial, with stock tawanese ps3's front and rear. it just sounded bad. i've never liked ps3's, so, on a whim, i tried an emad2. it was an omg moment here, as well. actually, i just burst out laughing, as the thing went from tupperware, to volcanic eruption, with a head change. i've since put emad2's on all of my kicks.

Haha, nice description!

The only problem I've had with EMAD2 is that when recording, I couldn't get much more than a boom out of it. I was using an Audix D6, known for their pre-EQ'd (scooped) sound with a pronounced beater click. I was able to adjust it with EQ afterwards (narrow peak in the 6-7k) and it sounded pretty volcanic (lol), but that might have been the problem with a coated Ambassador with no port hole on the front. Or it could have been the factor of the 24x16" mahogany kick drum. I should definitely try an EMAD on my Pearl. Oh well. Next time, in 3 years or so :)

That's great to hear! Now if we can get you to try out some of our other amazing drumheads :)

Drop me a PM if you ever want to talk about drumheads in greater depth.

Cheers!

Ive used Evans exclusively for the last 15 years....and have seen the development (and the issues) of the Emad and Gmad heads. I use the Gmad on both of my Sonor sets and I must say they have been the best batters Ive ever used.

F

Back