Mapex 11 Piece Birch over a Pearl DR80 Rack

Xavier4

Hey guys I'm 17 and from New Zealand.

I've posted this kit before, but since I just brought 3 old Dixon Octobans and an old Pearl DR80 Drum Rack and re-configured my set-up, I thought it was time for some fresh photos.

Usually I would haul all my gear outside for the photos, but since it's been raining for a few days I didn't want to risk it, and so I tried my best for some indoor photos but the kits rammed into a corner and as you can imagine it is rather hard to get good angles and of course the lighting is crap but as I said I did my best!

Please note that I am waiting on a shipment of rack clamps and so there are a couple of stands still on the floor but I'm planning on mounting them as soon as the clamps arrive.

ALSO NOTE: I am aware that the 4 crashes are F**KED but that is because these are my PRACTICE crashes. I crack crashes far too easy to be using my K Dark Custom pies at home. I only bring them out for gigs.

Any criticism is very welcome and I would also love to see your monster/octoban set-ups.

Thanks for reading!!!

Attachments

• Drum Kit 1.jpg
    Drum Kit 1.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 4,432
  • Drum Kit 2.jpg
    Drum Kit 2.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 1,467
  • Drum Kit 3.jpg
    Drum Kit 3.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 1,388
  • Drum Kit 4.jpg
    Drum Kit 4.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 4,863
  • Drum Kit 5.jpg
    Drum Kit 5.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 1,422
Nicely setup, everythings positioned well and you're sitting straight ahead facing your bass instead of turned away from the rest of your drums. I set my kit up exactly the same as a 6 piece minus a million cymbals, I've removed the 3rd rack tom so I could fit an ex hat and bring my ride in closer but I imagine you probably like your big metal fills/rock fills.

Btw what happened to the rubber practice pad?

;)

If you're really cracking crashes that often, then I'd stop spending money on things like racks/clamps etc and book a few lessons to even out your technique! With the right technique cymbals should be nearly impossible if at all possible to break.

But it's a nice big setup, looks very playable. Also a very nice finish on those drums.

George.

Thought you might like this one! This is my Arctic Monster.

1109.jpg

If you're really cracking crashes that often, then I'd stop spending money on things like racks/clamps etc and book a few lessons to even out your technique! With the right technique cymbals should be nearly impossible if at all possible to break.

George.

I'm 6'4 and I play very hard. I've never cracked any of my K dark customs because when I am using them I do execute right technique - I don't hit the crash straight on, I come in from an angle and almost hit across it and not down through it. In practice I tend to get stupid with the band and I start hitting very hard and my technique goes out the window, that's why I decided to buy some already cracked cymbals to use, that way, I don't have to keep forking out $600 when I crack a K dark in practice.

=)

Back