Mapex Raptor Review

i just ordered these.

If you take a close look at the main pedal you'll notice that the slave is not connected to the main, there is a gap. Look at the last picture in the 4th row.

Yes I did notice that. I would think that would eliminate movement of the slave beater, when you move the main beater. a problem common in some pedals. I am going to open mine tonight, came in the mail today...at work..

Just purchased a Raptor, single. Best pedal I've ever owned in 40 years of playing. Blows away anything, including my Demon Drive. How they do it at this price is amazing.

I have a friend who bought a Raptor, he broke it in less than a month. I never saw it but he said something about one of the bearings not having enough support. Something that could easily be redesigned to be stronger. Said he really liked the pedal otherwise but needs something reliable as he gigs a lot.

Just got one of these (single) tonight. It definitely feels better than any other direct drive pedal I've tried. I'll put it to heavy use tomorrow, hopefully it passes my torture test.

Back