Does anyone play video games?

Super Mario Brothers series
Any 1980's (Gauntlet, Space Harrier, PaperBoy...)
Outrun 2
Half Life 2
Portal

I used to play World of Warcraft but stopped before the new expansion.
Now I am waiting for Portal 2 and Dota 2,like many of you. :)
Heroes of Newerth is really good too.
Still playing Mario Kart or Smash Bros on Wii with friends at home,or set up my Nintendo 64 and play some Zelda.

I'm stuck playing crappy old games until i upgrade my PC. I would get a PS3 but then i saw how many were being sold on e-bay as "spares or repair" so i thought sod that :)

It wasn't bad, not what it was made out to be, it is certainly a brilliant title and far from two dimensional.

I remember playing 'Bully' a few years back, in a room filled with my friends and cigarette smoke. Great fun. Not a masterpiece, but seriously good fun and worth buying a second-hand PS2 for.

As for Red Dead Redemption. Played it on a friend's console and thought it was really excellent.

I remember playing 'Bully' a few years back, in a room filled with my friends and cigarette smoke. Great fun. Not a masterpiece, but seriously good fun and worth buying a second-hand PS2 for.

As for Red Dead Redemption. Played it on a friend's console and thought it was really excellent.

If I had to pick five games from this generation to put on a pedestal, Red Dead Redemption would be one of them, along with,

Mass Effect
Uncharted
Street Fighter
Demon's Souls

But that is just my opinion, and clearly one that is representative of the type of games I play.

If I had to pick five games from this generation to put on a pedestal, Red Dead Redemption would be one of them, along with,

Mass Effect
Uncharted
Street Fighter
Demon's Souls

But that is just my opinion, and clearly one that is representative of the type of games I play.

I haven't had much experience with any of the other four. I'm not 'with it' game-wise, having been a Mac user since 2006 and owning a PS1 and an N64. There's a lot of mediocre content out at the moment and I'm not convinced that the move toward short single-player campaigns is a good one. When I buy games, I buy it for the single player and if the multiplayer is good, then that's an advantage. I always remember playing Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast and being impressed with the multiplayer and the only game I ever played regularly online was Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. I was on the UK League top twenty regularly there with my clan.

Consoles have always been too expensive for me to justify buying, hence why I own an N64 - I picked it up for £20 and the games are cheap and fun. I don't understand the mindset of being right on the cutting edge for the sake of it either. Old games are fun too and the only way I could justify buying a high-end system would be if the games were absolutely killer. I won't get a PS3 because I'm not convinced that I desperately need to play them and the console is expensive. The 360 has a lot of games that I like and Red Dead Redemption is slowly working its way into the 'necessary' category, but I'm not there just yet.

Black Ops? Oh it's fun alright. But it's no masterpiece and it's hideously hyped.

I haven't had much experience with any of the other four. I'm not 'with it' game-wise, having been a Mac user since 2006 and owning a PS1 and an N64. There's a lot of mediocre content out at the moment and I'm not convinced that the move toward short single-player campaigns is a good one. When I buy games, I buy it for the single player and if the multiplayer is good, then that's an advantage. I always remember playing Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast and being impressed with the multiplayer and the only game I ever played regularly online was Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. I was on the UK League top twenty regularly there with my clan.

Consoles have always been too expensive for me to justify buying, hence why I own an N64 - I picked it up for £20 and the games are cheap and fun. I don't understand the mindset of being right on the cutting edge for the sake of it either. Old games are fun too and the only way I could justify buying a high-end system would be if the games were absolutely killer. I won't get a PS3 because I'm not convinced that I desperately need to play them and the console is expensive. The 360 has a lot of games that I like and Red Dead Redemption is slowly working its way into the 'necessary' category, but I'm not there just yet.

Black Ops? Oh it's fun alright. But it's no masterpiece and it's hideously hyped.

I agree on Black Ops, I used to play it semi-competitively for the sake of competition, I just enjoy that environment of gaming, it adds extra challenge, elicits different emotions to simply sitting on the couch.

Nothing wrong with being a casual gamer, or a retro gamer. Gaming is so mainstream these days anyone from any walk of life can get into, and I still look back on a lot of games from previous generations with a tear in my eye.

I've been playing video games since I was four years old, so I've experienced everything from the Atari to the current gen consoles. Many of those early games are timeless, especially if you play them on a small screen, don't plug your n64 into a 40" widescreen... you'll regret it.

If you're not a hardcore gamer I don't recommend Demon's Souls, it would probably drive you insane.

Uncharted 2 is in my opinion one of the greatest games made, of any generation, it is one of those games where the story and characters will just grab you and never let go.

The playability of the GTA series surpasses anything I've ever seen.

That, and anything Star Wars.

I used to think that about GTA too until I played Fallout 3.. man what a game, blows GTA out of the water IMO.. And the new fallout (new Vegas) is almost as good as 3, it's definetly bigger than FO3

I have a huge video game collection with over one hundred games, although I haven't bought a new game since november and that was a mainstream game like Black Ops. Right now I have a Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. I regret I sold some consoles. I have no time for video games anymore, I just care about drumming and school.
Sometimes I pick up Minecraft. It's cute and cousy.

Next weekend after I brought home my new Gretsch Renown Jazz, me and my friend will have a playthorugh on the old horror game Condemned: Criminal Origins and record it with a HD-PVR. I HATE HORROR GAMES! I've had Condemned for a long time, but haven't had courage enough to play it, haha! :)

Demons Souls has got me hooked as of late. Its frustrating and rewarding...no pause button!

Minecraft is good fun as well.

I made the mistake of breaking out Morrowind again. Good-bye dissertation...

Since it's free Xbox LIVE this weekend, I thought that it'd be fun to play with some of you guys. My gamertag is Dr Kameo.

Since it's free Xbox LIVE this weekend, I thought that it'd be fun to play with some of you guys. My gamertag is Dr Kameo.

I only really play Playstation, PSN happens to be down at the moment for unknown reasons.

Back