Another Agop cymbal...beautiful!

Drummer Karl

KARL MEMBER
Hi!

Mhhhh, some time ago I couldn`t resist again. Ordered another Istanbul Agop pie from Tony (Cymbalsonly.com).
I`ve always wanted a flat ride. So, I did it again and got a 20" Agop Turk Flat Ride.

It`s 1710g light, unlathed and produces the typical dry Turk sound. Short decay, fast response and a dry, woody stick definition. I also had the opportunity to play it on a gig with the piano trio. I noticed that it lacks volume in some situations, still it`s so versatile. It`s huge fun crashing it till morning and whether it is swingin or straight, it sounds great!

Good versatility, good sound, great feel. I think the pie found its new home, though I won`t treat it like an egg for sure. It`s just too much fun to beat it. (Oh, does this sound strange in any way??)

However, here`re some photos:

TurkFlat1.jpg

TurkFlat2.jpg

TurkFlat3.jpg

TurkFlat4.jpg

TurkFlat6.jpg

TurkFlat5.jpg

Best wishes,

Karl

Looks great!
I've been dying to get my sticks on an Agop for a while now.
So far I haven't won any eBay auctions. I bid on a Special Jazz 22", 2400 gms last week. The price went above my budget.
Someday soon I'll get one!

I have to say that rounds out your set nicely Karl. I'm sure that Turk Flat Ride is all sorts of fun to crash on, and I'm guessing it would stay fairly controlled no matter how much you laid into it.

That hammering just looks wicked, love the raw finish. Glad to hear you're still ordering stuff through Tony as well. Got a pair of Sabian HHX-Celerator hats through him just before Christmas, he was nice enough to order in 2 sets for me and let me decide which pair I wanted. Absolute champion.

Thank you guys! =)

Well, it`s very controlled. Usually, flat rides are controlled and have a very articulated crash and ride sound but additionally that`s an unlathed pie. A superlative if you will...

Bob: I had to sell some of my cymbals to get myself the Agops. That would be a solution maybe, then you could even choose from many Agops in the cymbalsonly Agop section. ;-)

PS: Oh yes, Tony`s the man. Mh, and slowly I make him rich, haha!

Thanks!

Karl

Very nice Karl :}

Those Turk flats are super dry and smokey and quick. Should record very well.

I opted for a 20" Vezir flat myself which has a little more shimmer and highs having the combined lathed and hand hammered top and Turk style unlathed and fully hand hammered bottom.

Enjoy!

Thank you Stan!

Indeed it records incredibly well...simply perfect for my current needs.
Honestly, I also thought about getting an SE, a trad. or a Vezir. They all sound great and I think that the Vezir creates a very very unique sound character through the unlathed bottom.
It`s controlled, yet, as you said, it got more shimmer and highs.

Karl

Back