My favorite sticks

Vic Firth Ney Rosauro model- SNR
I love with the way these feel and sound!

My favorite drumset sticks are Regal Tip, in my experience they've always had great feel and durability. I use 8As for lighter stuff, Jeff Hamilton brushes, and Groovers for heavier stuff. Pro-Mark cymbal mallets. Vic Firth SD1 has been my rudiment/practice pad stick for years, if it ain't broke... I don't play vibes as much these days, but when I do I use Malletech mallets (Dave Samuels medium-hard, Dave Friedman medium-soft).

i've got a pair of ludwig rubber handle brushes that are real nice. i use vic firth 7A and 7AN. got a pair of 85A i think. they're real nice too.

I am a 'weekend warrior' drummer, playing for my own entertainment, often after our three young children have gone to bed, so I have always needed a quiet stick

I have used a number of the multi-rod styles available, but had been breaking them at a frustratingly rapid rate.

Then a guy at my local Sam Ash suggested I try Flix sticks, the rods are made of plastic fibre, and not wood, and they are incredibly robust, and I am proud to note that they are made in Scotland.

Anybody else have experience of these? .

Then a guy at my local Sam Ash suggested I try Flix sticks, the rods are made of plastic fibre, and not wood, and they are incredibly robust, and I am proud to note that they are made in Scotland.

Anybody else have experience of these? .

I've tried these before and honestly, I didn't like them much. To me they just were too heavy and didn't have the response I wanted.

That said, if they work for you, then that is all that matters.

i'm presently using the vic firth dave weckl signature, and absolutely adore them. i heard that the gavin harrison signatures are out. i want them really bad. anyone has any info on price, dimensions, availability etc. ??

although I have many stick types in my case , my favorites are the Vic Firth SD4 Combo's. Love that wood tip with just the right weight.

I love the VicFirth AH5B. Maple sticks have a warmer tone, especially on cymbals, have better natural rebound, are lighter (so you can have a fat and light stick). When I play with other harder woods now it feels like the bones in my hands are vibrating. I ain't looking back :)

Depends on the gig.

I'm really enjoying the Vic Firth Stanton Moore signature stick, the Nicko McBrain one, Zildjian's Tony Williams model, as well as the VF Hardimon Chop-Outs for practice on the pad.

Patrice

Maybe not my favorite, but my new addition are the Vic Firth Signature Model Abe Laboriel, Jr. model. They are long, 17 inches long, and .63 in diameter, painted black, bad ass black, except for the tip. They have a smooth taper with a huge tip. Although big they feel smaller than they are. These feel great to me and if you need a power stick for your play, give them a shot.

Attachments

• Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 723
I can't say I have a stable favorite. I usually go through phases. I first had a Vic Firth 5A phase before I went through a Vater 5A phase. Then I went through an Ahead phase. Then I went through a Vater 5B phase before going through a Pro-Mark 5B Oak phase. Then I went back to Vic Firth 5A.

Right now, I'm totally digging my Pro-Mark Super Rock sticks. I like their weight, and I can adjust my dynamics with them well enough to play lighter music. They don't sell them here though. :(

Back