Cases on the Cheap!

midgetunderfire

Hi all,

Looking for some golden tips about how best to transport ones kit around gigs using cases that dont cost the earth!

Like many here Im sure, Im skint. Our band is still at the stage of moving everything around in cars, but luckily I play a pretty smallish 5 piece with 3/4 cymbal stands.

So has anyone found some nice cut corner ways of transporting things around? Currently looking at golf club bags for stands, etc...

Cheers
muf

I suppose anything is better than nothing. However, there are some fairly cheap case sets available from places like MusiciansFriend or Music123 (I think they're the same company). If you're aware of the price of bags and some cheap case sets I'm assuming you're talking about spending less than $100? That might be a very difficult order to fill.

I bought a large power tool bag at Home Depot for $25 and used it to transport my smallish straight cymbal stands and managed to also get the snare stand and hi-hat stand in there, so maybe you can get two of those. Some guys get standard trash cans and can stack maybe two or three toms in it (depending on how big yours are). Not sure what you can do for the bass drum. How about going to the music store and seeing if they're throwing out any drumset shipping boxes?

I'm in the same boat. I transport everything in my jeep wrangler! I just make sure that everything is wrapped well in a blanket or towels and all my hardware fits in a med/large rubbermaid action packer. It's not the most convenient way do it but it gets the job done once or twice a month. I have been looking at the new protection racket nutshell cases. Cheap and a cool effective design!

Back