Hey, any news from our Queensland brothers?

An indirect consequence of the cyclone has been some pretty poor weather down here in Melbourne.

This is about a suburb from where I live,

b2180659cd0734f4125356384e6a4be2_resized.jpg

We had about 100mm of rain in twelve hours...

Hey Frosty, I take it your suburb is okay?

Pocket, if you're reading, I hope you got away with it.

In the meantime it was a scorcher in Sydney today ... 42C (about 107F), the 6th hot day in a row. It's like living in Perth or Adelaide, only more humid. It's 11pm at the moment and it's still over 34C (about 94F). Try sleeping thought that!

Sadly, we're the lucky ones ...

Pocket, if you're reading, I hope you got away with it.

The smallest of roof leaks in the newly renovated part of the house Pol. I'm actually glad it's been discovered now before I paint it. Other than that, dry as a chip.

But man, didn't it rain. Monsoonal! It was literally coming in sideways. I can't recall seeing rain like that outside of the topics/sub-tropics before. And that was only the remnants of a cyclone.

Frosty....hope your feet are dry. Pol, Wy and the rest of the Sydneysiders.....time for a dip at Bondi!! :)

Good to hear, Pocket. Hopefully a bit drier down there now.

It got down to 27C (80F) by 6am this morning and the mercury is rising again ... but they promise a cool change around lunchtime.

I haven't been to the beach for ages. I lost my swimming costume when I moved house two years ago and haven't bothered replacing it. The beach isn't much fun these days - hard to get a park and when you do it's usually overpriced, then the beach and water are crowded and you're stuck in the hot sun and getting sand in bad places. Bleagh. I prefer aircon and a cold shower.

Just when you think we can't promote the virtues of Oz weather any further, it seems that 100 homes in Perth have been evacuated due to an out-of-control bushfire.

Hey uniin, how good was the southerly change that arrived this afternoon? The temp here dropped 10C (about 18F) in an hour and a half. I fell like I'm alive again.

Hey Frosty, I take it your suburb is okay?

Yeah Pol, home is fine but none of that heat you guys have been having, just miserable drizzling Autumn weather, in the middle of Summer, as always.

Australia needs to learn what climate means.

If a person had mood swings like Aust's weather of late they'd be on medication.

Agree Uniin - that's the most I've enjoyed strong cool, winds since NY Day in 2006.

Should move to Alice, at least the weather is consistent, plus, I don't mind the heat.

Back