iPhone metronome App - not loud enough !

Davethis

Well that's the gist - just got one and it's useless for practice even with headphones - anyone recommend one ??
Thanks !!

What headphones are you using? Perhaps there's not enough isolation to allow you to hear. I don't know how the iPhone compares to the iPad, but my iPad audio is pretty loud... it's hard to listen to music at full volume, and my metronome apps are plenty loud as well.

Bermuda

If it's any consolation to you, I just bought a Tama Rhythm Watch last week and the guy at the drum store told me it would be loud enough in my (isolation) headphones to use with the whole band. Wrong. It's barely loud enough for just banging around the kit with no band.

What I've done with drum machines and various apps in the past in run them into a mixer where I can boost the volume up to where I need it. I guess I'll need to keep that extra hardware around after all.

Maybe I should have mentioned that I jam foam earplugs all the way down my ear canal first. The part that's confounding me is getting the click to a usable volume - in this case, as loud as the drums and band. With or without earplugs, the click gets buried without boosting the signal.

i use these:
prod_img_se215_alt2.jpg

and with my iphone metronome and my korg beatlab i never run the volume past 50%, and i can still easily hear over my drums, and the band.

Those look pretty cool, and I've been giving in-ears some thought. Maybe I should try a pair. Thanks for the tip!

i think you might be destroying your ears... every single iphone metronome app i've used i had to turn my volume to about 50% or else my ears would bleed... perhaps try some noise cancelling earphones?

+1. here was a free Ludwig metronome app for the iPod/iPhone/iPad a while back. I use it with good noise cancelling earbuds and it's just fine. Of course maybe I don't play as loud as you do.

Back