Can you find me a use for this drum bag?

Merlin5

Gold Member
I've recently replaced this old drum bag with a new protection racket bag because both zips broke and it actually costs more to have someone replace the zips than buy a new bag. I know, unbelievable. :/

It's 12" and deep enough that it took my yamaha 12" power tom. It's got a very well padded inner lining. It's been sitting here for ages doing nothing. Bin it? Or can you think of a use for it? Bearing in mind I can't seal the lid.

Stick storage bag at your rehearsal spot?

Or add some round, stackable storage bins with lids holding all your spare parts.
Cut off the cloth lid. Sew on a removable carrying strap. Basically an oversized
ditty bag.

Buy a zipper and use it to learn how to sew....

Always good to have a new skill.

glue Velcro straps to it horizontally and it's good to go. Or buy a strap similar to those on hardshell cases and use that to keep it closed.

Cut eye holes in it and fulfill your destiny to become Drum Case Head.

Zipper, the Achilles heel of many a soft bag. A couple of bungy cords might come in handy. I'd upgrade my percussion bag out of it. After that didn't work I'd toss it.

It takes zero "skill" to sew on three buckles and your case is pretty useful again. I would abandon the zipper, but velcro doesn't sound secure enough to hold a drum.

Some good and some amusing suggestions :D

Buy a zipper and use it to learn how to sew....

Always good to have a new skill.

I sew a mean shirt button. Never learnt to sew a zipper though. But I'd be worried if my handywork wasn't strong enough, zip stitching came apart and the drum fell out. Certainly one way to achieve a drum roll.

Liner for a hard case, maybe?

Boom! That's a great idea. I've been meaning to line some of my other hard cases. This could work.

Gotta luv it when a brit asks how to repurpose sumthin', because they're all about the 'proper' fix mate.

I looked at the OP's pic (1) and upon closer inspection 'seams' like the zipper pulls have busted. Hmmmm, they're designed to break actually. Every bag I have I expect the pulls to get smashed and eventually break.

There's this-
http://zippermend.com/?gclid=CjwKCA...pQqOncuNuj7vMMRL3nLws8inbFK39WLRoC86wQAvD_BwE

Or what we crazy yanks do, use a zip tie. When the pulls on my PROTECTION RACKET bags finally break, I'll be using a zip tie on them too.

Attachments

• IMG_1736.jpg
    IMG_1736.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_1738.jpg
    IMG_1738.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 228
Back