My DW kit

Waifer

I bought this kit in '97, brand new. But in '04 I had to sell it to keep my house. And for only $2,000, for everything (plus cases and a few things not shown)!!! Several years later, I got my finances straightened out, and bought a Pacific kit. Really wasn't happy with the sound. So I put up a picture of my DW kit as my desktop pic. to manifest another DW, and looked every day on eBay and Craigslist. This went on for about 8 months. Then, I saw my kit for sale again! The rack, cymbals, and cases were all gone, but the drums themselves were all there. I knew for sure it was mine when I saw the same pouch I had used to keep the extra gold hardware. The person I sold them to hadn't kept them up very well, so I went home and took off every piece of hardware and scrubbed it all clean again. Right down to threads on the lugs.

Anyways, here it is in it's original form...

DWkit.jpg

And here it is "rebuilt"...

DWkit1.jpg

DWkit2.jpg

Looks pretty nice to me. I just don't understand why someone would buy a high end kit and then not take care of it. I bought mine ten years ago and have gigged out with it plenty and it still looks brand new. I did nothing more than be carefull with them and transport them in their cases.

Looks pretty nice to me. I just don't understand why someone would buy a high end kit and then not take care of it. I bought mine ten years ago and have gigged out with it plenty and it still looks brand new. I did nothing more than be carefull with them and transport them in their cases.

Yeah but he only paid $2,000 for what should have gone for about $5,000. He didn't even put them in the cases when he left. He just took the rack apart and shoved everything into his van. I couldn't watch...

That's nice that you got a second chance to own your drums. I wonder how many of us have regretted selling a kit only to want it back. At least you got yours back!

Back