DW9000 NIB Resale Price?

TXC

I bought a DW9000 double pedal a few weeks ago (direct from DW factory, GC had to special order it because nobody in Indiana had some for who knows why), but now I realize that I really need the cash more to put towards my first car than the pedal.
My question is, for a brand new DW9000 pedal, still taped up from the factory, what would be a good price to sell it at whether on eBay, craigslist, or a classifieds forum?
Side note: I don't see a classifieds section on this website, but if anyone is interested in buying it, please call/text me at 317.605.332o

If anybody has any advice on how to price this, that would be great! thanks!

Pricing it will depend on where you sell it and how fast you want to sell. Wherever you choose, it needs to fall in the same price range as the other comparable pedals (just common sense stuff here).

Where you can adjust pricing depends also on the current competition of similar pedals. It being brand new in box, may favor a higher market price. If the warranty transfers to new owner, disclose that. A receipt is also a good selling tool. Now if it is the new DW9000 pedal with rubber bottom and wood-friendly hoop clamp, that's another price increase.

I've sold well locally on CL. But I was either patient or I priced it to sell quick. Never sold a thing on Ebay (have bought too much there though) but you'll get the best exposure.

Look up your pedal on Ebay and see where they're priced. Adjust based on your patience.

All about supply and demand. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

It was $620 when I picked it up on Black Friday, so I'm assuming its the newest model, they special ordered it from DW because nobody in Indiana had any in stock from that store. (no clue what happened there) The lowest NIB on eBay is $580, no including shipping, and I did the price calculator for eBay's fees, and at $550 with no top rated discounts, it would run about $37 in fees, so I'd be getting about $513 back. Since it was a special order, the store already told me no returns, even though it was their fault that they didn't have any in stock from the minute they opened the door, even though it was advertised they would. Shady customer service but whats to expect from big-name music stores.
In your opinion, given the current price in the private party market, would $550 be a pretty fair price?

It was $620 when I picked it up on Black Friday, so I'm assuming its the newest model, they special ordered it from DW because nobody in Indiana had any in stock from that store. (no clue what happened there) The lowest NIB on eBay is $580, no including shipping, and I did the price calculator for eBay's fees, and at $550 with no top rated discounts, it would run about $37 in fees, so I'd be getting about $513 back. Since it was a special order, the store already told me no returns, even though it was their fault that they didn't have any in stock from the minute they opened the door, even though it was advertised they would. Shady customer service but whats to expect from big-name music stores.
In your opinion, given the current price in the private party market, would $550 be a pretty fair price?

If the eBay pedal is the exact same one as yours, your lower price would of course have more appeal. IMO, I feel that is a fair price. You recover much of what you spent, and it's a lower price than the nearest competition. Buy it Now choice - right? Check if the warranty transfers. I tried searching on the forum for a Classified Ads section, but oddly did not see one.

Yeah, that sucks about GC. You gotta be really sharp whenever you deal with them.

If the eBay pedal is the exact same one as yours, your lower price would of course have more appeal. IMO, I feel that is a fair price. You recover much of what you spent, and it's a lower price than the nearest competition. Buy it Now choice - right? Check if the warranty transfers. I tried searching on the forum for a Classified Ads section, but oddly did not see one.

Yeah, that sucks about GC. You gotta be really sharp whenever you deal with them.

It was actually Sam Ash, what really sucks was the GC had the same thing at their store, but for $300, only catch was, none of the GC had any either!
Yes, BIN, the auction would actually end up costing me $50 if it started at 399 and ended at $550, so it only makes sense for me to do it that way, plus its a lot easier than stressing over what the price is at on it everyday.

Force them to take it back. Go to the manager. Raise a stink.

If there aren't any in your area you could probably get a good price for it if you wait long enough. Even GC may want it back for what you paid.

GC had these on sale for $299.00 on Black Friday.

Yea, I missed out on that sale, but I stopped into GC for some sticks that day (they always have the $3 Vater's, I'm in love with Hickory sticks) and asked the guy about it when I saw it on their little ad poster thing, and he was like "Yea, we really didn't have any to start the day with" talk about some great customer service.

Force them to take it back. Go to the manager. Raise a stink.

Yea, I always like to pretend I'll do that, but people usually don't take me seriously when a 16 year old kid walks in and makes a scene. People don't seem to believe I know half the things I do as I spend countless hours watching other drummers play and know loads about their equipment, I just happened to not know much about DW9000's other than if drummers I respect choose to use them under no sponsorship, they must be pretty freakin good. But yea, I bought from Sam Ash, and they already said no returns because it was a "special order". Oh well, its only about $70-100 I'm losing out on, it might have been worth it to find out truly how well big-name music stores treat their customers. I just hate to pay some of the outrageous prices that "drum" shops charge in my area!

New 9000 doubles can always be had for under $450 on Ebay. Realistically, thats the most you can expect for yours.

New 9000 doubles can always be had for under $450 on Ebay. Realistically, thats the most you can expect for yours.

Really? I haven't seen 1, in fact thats less then some of the used ones on eBay right now atleast, I mean if they are thats good to know price wise, but if they are selling at $620 in stores (with tax included) and $580 online on the low end for private party, the price of something is, by definition, how much consumers are willing to pay for a given good at a given quantity (in this case, 1), so if they are paying more, it only makes financial sense for me to sell it somewhere near the highest price, especially since I'm already $620 in the hole.

EDIT (3:36 p.m.): Somewhere near the private party price.

There are 6 separate listings on Ebay for new 9000 doubles under $450. Cymbalfusion.com has them for $389 shipped. If yours is the newest model with the upgraded hoop clamp, you might be able to get a bit more. Keep in mind that if people want to spend this kind of money, they would rather buy from GC or MF. that way they have a full warranty or have the option to return within 30 days. You might as well keep the pedal and enjoy it.

There are 6 separate listings on Ebay for new 9000 doubles under $450. Cymbalfusion.com has them for $389 shipped. If yours is the newest model with the upgraded hoop clamp, you might be able to get a bit more. Keep in mind that if people want to spend this kind of money, they would rather buy from GC or MF. that way they have a full warranty or have the option to return within 30 days. You might as well keep the pedal and enjoy it.

I'm sorry, but I cannot find that anywhere. I see 2 under "new" on ebay, both of which say they have been taken out of the box and used for a short amount of time, instantly decreasing the value of them significantly. I'm not going to argue, the majority of people have agreed that $550 is a fair price, so that is what I will ask for it. If it doesn't sell within the next 2 months, then I will consider selling for lower.

REDUCED PRICE:
$520 cash/paypal. You pay shipping (will ship through FedEx or UPS, whichever you prefer)

It was actually Sam Ash, what really sucks was the GC had the same thing at their store, but for $300, only catch was, none of the GC had any either!...

The GC store near me had the DW9000 double pedal on black Friday. Pretty sure they still had at least one left the next day too.
I got a DW9000 single pedal there on that day for $179.

Anyways, good luck with your sale.

You paid 620 for a pedal that sells for 579. ?????? did you actually get the black friday price and are trying to sell it for a profit?

Yea, I always like to pretend I'll do that, but people usually don't take me seriously when a 16 year old kid walks in and makes a scene. People don't seem to believe I know half the things I do as I spend countless hours watching other drummers play and know loads about their equipment, I just happened to not know much about DW9000's other than if drummers I respect choose to use them under no sponsorship, they must be pretty freakin good. But yea, I bought from Sam Ash, and they already said no returns because it was a "special order". Oh well, its only about $70-100 I'm losing out on, it might have been worth it to find out truly how well big-name music stores treat their customers. I just hate to pay some of the outrageous prices that "drum" shops charge in my area!

Ok, this might seem really lame, but if they won't take you seriously then have your Dad or even your Mom go complain to the store manager. There is no way they shouldn't take this back. Its not a special order custom color drum set. Its a standard product that just about every SamAsh and GC carries in store. The SamAsh I was at yesterday here in NJ had them, and a different store in NJ had them last week.

Ok, this might seem really lame, but if they won't take you seriously then have your Dad or even your Mom go complain to the store manager. There is no way they shouldn't take this back. Its not a special order custom color drum set. Its a standard product that just about every SamAsh and GC carries in store. The SamAsh I was at yesterday here in NJ had them, and a different store in NJ had them last week.

Im with this 100% You need to talk to the right person i.e. the manager and anyone else above him, it'll be well worth $100 + you're planning to lose before you even try.

If you're not up to it do get your parents involved. This isn't a gear purchase gone wrong, its turned into a learning experience, go learn how get your money back.

You're 16, look at these efforts as an experience to be gained, don't just fold and lose money. And anyone else out there dealing with retail challenges (or any life challenge), if you get told something you don't believe is right, talk to another person. Its all about the right person, you need to try again TXC... they'll refund you (don't forget to bring your receipt).

You paid 620 for a pedal that sells for 579. ?????? did you actually get the black friday price and are trying to sell it for a profit?

Yes, $579+ 7% sales tax = equals $619, sorry. The Sam ash that sold it to me special ordered it, I'd rather just get cash back than arguing with them and ending up with a gift card to Sam ash or something. Even if I paid my asking price for the pedal, I would still be losing money on tax. Kind of like small retailers offering discounts on equipment through forums like this. I'm just a 16 year old kid trying to put some cash back in my pocket for a car, hardly a scammer. If I wanted to scam someone for a profit there are much easier ways than selling a drum pedal on a website full of educated buyers.

Back