My "new" Ludwig Stainless Steel

Contrary to popular belief Stainless drums are not that heavy. I have a 1978 Big Beat kit with a 24" Bass Drum very similar to Mdrummers. I also have a ChromeOwood kit which is a siz ply maple shell with a chrome steel wrap over it. Now wer'e talkin HEAVY!

Attachments

• Fabe's Drums 016.jpg
    Fabe's Drums 016.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 5,832
  • Fabe's Drums 028_resize.jpg
    Fabe's Drums 028_resize.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 2,580
  • Fabe's Drums021.jpg
    Fabe's Drums021.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 2,523
..... and my 70's stainless steel Ludwig Octa-Plus

OctaPlusFront.jpg

This is awesome i have a similar set all the same bass drums and toms. Of course i have no bottom heads except for the 18" floor tom. My uncle bought it back in the 80s during the hair band days and after it passed through many hands i ended up with it. Unfortunetly it lost alot of the hardware and took quite the beating over the years before i got it. i played with a 4 piece derived from it for a couple years through highschool till i retired it to the shed where it lies dormant waiting to be resurrected. Although i do use the little 6" in tom as a little aux drum on my set now. Very cool set though wish mine was in half as good shape. Oh ya and my bass drums had wood hoops as well.

Wow. I remember drooling over that particular Ludwig catalog when they introduced the Stainless Steels. I never did realize that dream. Congratulations, those are beautiful!

Back