Our lives are so hard!

Great video Pol. I smell a long thread coming on.

On the same theme, drums are amazing too. Remember kick drums that could walk forwards faster than you could and Pearl Maxwin drums?

Thanks Polly.I just posted this to my facebook with a click...Amazing........Now how hard was that..........Loved it.......

Great clip, Polly and there's a ton of profundity under the glib humor that should not go unnoticed.. we take so much for granted, though I suspect all past generations will always have a version of this opinion on the current generations.

Last edited:
we take so much for granted, though I suspect past generations will always have a version of this opinion on the current generations

Father to son : "Sharpened stick!?! boy, back in MY day we killed mammoths with BLUNT sticks - no fancy schmancy points on em. Well, I remember this time before you were born, I was surrounded by 6 bears and all I had was a fern"

I remember the first time I got into my Conestoga wagon and made the six week trip across the country to go to Vegas to Gamble. Damn the roads were terrible.

What's wrong with that video? Aspect ratio is all buggered, sound is wonky and when I go full screen, you can see huge blobs of pixels?

Lame.

What's wrong with that video? Aspect ratio is all buggered, sound is wonky and when I go full screen, you can see huge blobs of pixels?

Lame.
Yeah! The fact that it's not in high def is total BS! ;-) BTW, I miss Conan.

we take so much for granted, though I suspect past generations will always have a version of this opinion on the current generations

Father to son : "Sharpened stick!?! boy, back in MY day we killed mammoths with BLUNT sticks - no fancy schmancy points on em. Well, I remember this time before you were born, I was surrounded by 6 bears and all I had was a fern"
OK, this just begs for the old Four Yorkshiremen sketch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo

Hahahaha.....LOL.

so true, so true.

I had a brief moment of this morning with my 3 and 1/2 year old who wanted to watch a certain "kid show" we don't think is educational over his normal "educational" TV show we will let him watch. And all I could think was "when I was a kid, there were NO childrens programming on during this time of day, you should be happy to even have a choice..." But of course, this would have made no sense to him. Which goes back to when I was kid discussing TV with my mother and her explaining to me there was no such thing as a TV when she was a little kid, and at the time, that made no sense to me.

They are. Trust me, I'm a doctor.

They are. Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Ah, but you see the people who are doing hardest, even if many of them have already lived well past Mali's average lifespan of 37 years (last time I looked). Doctors see suffering and police see crims.

However, as a statistician, I may not be a reliable judge since I'm the kind of person who thinks that if your head's in the oven and your feet are in the freezer then you are doing just fine ...

Love that vid, though. I am one who is in a perpetual state of wonder whenever I fly. I always want the window seat so I can get that amazing panoramic view of the world, see the views and/or watch the clouds; I never tire of their shapes and textures. I hope to never grow up :)

Ha....missed it by that much. Went off to search for it and when i came back, you'd beaten me to the punch.

Well played!!
Thanks, guess my searching skills are superior... Well, it's either that, or I spend way too much time on the Internet.

That sketch is so great, I actually watched through three of four different versions before deciding which one to post, and I laughed at each one.

Thanks, guess my searching skills are superior...

I don't think it's so much that your search skills are superior, I think it's more you've got better search tools and a fast connection.

why...back in my day, we had to search by using the food allergies of an author's eldest cousin and our packets were carried by quadriplegics piloting canoes

Last edited:
I don't think it's so much that your search skills are superior, I think it's more you've got better search tools and a fast connection.

why...back in my day, we had to search by using the food allergies of an author's eldest cousin and our packets were carried by quadriplegics piloting canoes

Sheer bloody luxury ...

Back in my day we couldn't search for anything at all! We took what we were given.

It didn't help that we spent 27 hours of each day blindfolded and locked under the stairwell. Once a week they'd push scraps under the door for us - if we were lucky!

Sheer bloody luxury ...

Back in my day we couldn't search for anything at all! We took what we were given.

It didn't help that we spent 27 hours of each day blindfolded and locked under the stairwell. Once a week they'd push scraps under the door for us - if we were lucky!

And you tell the young kids today......and they just don't believe you!!

Back