Being there on your own.

Whaaattt??? I WAS BEING SERIOUS!!!

... almost :p

If I see shows it will only be by myself if whomever was meeting there doesn't show (this happens to ppl who don't have a life).

I get too bored during the breaks and the only men who try to crack onto me at those times tend to slur and dribble. Going with friends is also good when you want a drink or attend a call of nature because you don't lose your table/spot.

I think it's best to go with other musicians or serious music fans because, as Caddy said, other people keep interrupting when you're trying to listen.

Well that sucks if someone didn't meet you but i'm sure that's probably their problem rather than yours.

Hmm as for reserving a place sure it works sometimes but not really if your mates are in the mosh pit, you still have to scramble your way through sweaty 6 foot odd males in order to get back to where you were before. And you've also touched upon an interesting point as it seems that all my friends (which is literally about 4 or 5 people lol) are pretty keen on music and aren't too bad on the old instruments themselves. So that's good i guess.

I have these silly fantasies of meeting maybe a nice girl at one of these shows but of course that's not going to happen because it's just not the sort of thing you're supposed to do really. Plus it's in york which is a bit far for me right now. Not that i'm doing anything.

Dude, that's not a silly fantasy. Who knows you'll find your true love at this concert ;-). You never know.
Have fun at the show btw, and make some new friends! I've been totally into the 'underground christian metalscene' here in Holland for a while (wich is quite small) and I still know people from that time because we always saw each other at shows. Great fun.

Dude, that's not a silly fantasy. Who knows you'll find your true love at this concert ;-). You never know.
Have fun at the show btw, and make some new friends! I've been totally into the 'underground christian metalscene' here in Holland for a while (wich is quite small) and I still know people from that time because we always saw each other at shows. Great fun.

Yeah well i know i could possibly but i've developed a natural pessimism as a defence against being dissapointed.

15 hours in a car by myself from jersey to tenessee by myself for bonaroo. and i gained an hour crossing from the atlantic to the centeral time zone so really 16hours. and then 14 hours home(found a quicker route) 4 days later. so get over it. 45 minutes is nothin

Get to the venue early. Im sure you can meet other fans and hang out. Right off the bat you have one thing in common. As far as the car ride. Pick up a hooker, Plus, you can us the HOV lane.

Get to the venue early. Im sure you can meet other fans and hang out. Right off the bat you have one thing in common. As far as the car ride. Pick up a hooker, Plus, you can us the HOV lane.

That was the plan. And there aren't any car sharing lanes from here to york, just A and B roads, and a dual carriageway for a bit lol. Driving over here is nothing like in the US it's unbelievable the difference really.

LOL. Eddie, I think that comment of yours just encapsulated the British character :)

I think you're right. It's just one of those things we do. Pessimism, cynicism, apathy etc etc it's all there really. Whereas i'm sure if i lived in AUStrailia i'd probably be a bit more happy. Hell i went into an aussie bar in minorca and i immediately felt uplifted lol.

15 hours in a car by myself from jersey to tenessee by myself for bonaroo. and i gained an hour crossing from the atlantic to the centeral time zone so really 16hours. and then 14 hours home(found a quicker route) 4 days later. so get over it. 45 minutes is nothin

haha as i said the size of the US is just mind boggling to an englishman like me. I suppose you're right though, it's not quite as easy driving over here though. We have roundabouts to contend with ;)

Have anyone of you lot ever gone to see a band on your own?

Yes. But then I also go out to dinner on my own. Provided I have a good book, I'm happy. I do not need another to provide for my happiness.

Then again, maybe I have no friends. ;-)

Yes. But then I also go out to dinner on my own. Provided I have a good book, I'm happy. I do not need another to provide for my happiness.

Then again, maybe I have no friends. ;-)

Ditto: I have been to four and am Going to another in Feb. by myself. Curmudgeon night out.

I think you're right. It's just one of those things we do. Pessimism, cynicism, apathy etc etc it's all there really. Whereas i'm sure if i lived in AUStrailia i'd probably be a bit more happy. Hell i went into an aussie bar in minorca and i immediately felt uplifted lol.

Hehehe. When I read that post of yours I immediately thought of that archetypal Brit, Marvin the Parnoid Android.

Australians, of course, tend to be cynics too (probably the convict thing), just that we're not oppressed by endless months of crap weather and insane crowds on the tube. So it's a more cheerful kind of cynicism :)

When is this gig on? We'll need a report now (unless what happens is confidential ;-)

Hehehe. When I read that post of yours I immediately thought of that archetypal Brit, Marvin the Parnoid Android.

Australians, of course, tend to be cynics too (probably the convict thing), just that we're not oppressed by endless months of crap weather and insane crowds on the tube. So it's a more cheerful kind of cynicism :)

When is this gig on? We'll need a report now (unless what happens is confidential ;-)

honestly, i went down to london last weekend and i couldn't believe it myself. It's a lot quieter up here. Whether that's a good or a bad thing for an 18 year old who wants to explore the world instead of being cooped up in his house all day is a matter of debate though. Well it's next thursday so i'll tell you how i get on if you want.

I went to a percussion show on my own. I just chatted with some strangers. And with salespeople from the sponsors.

Back