DW 9002PC Double Pedal On Sale!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

XplosiveDrummer

DW 9002PC Double Pedal *SALE OVER*

Ok first off my main question is what does the PC mean for this version? I can't find a single damn explanation on it. Second they are on sale for $299.99! Anyone have any info or reviews on the PC version? I'm extremely tempted to trade in my Iron cobra PG's for these 9002's! Here's the link for those interested in possibly getting DW 9000's!

http://www.guitarcenter.com/DW-9002PC-Double-Pedal-102062700-i1137319.gc

Last edited:
Hi wildbill, thanks for the reply. Actually no the 9000's are still at $579. For some reason the price on the PC version was dropped and seems like it's a clearance item now? I'd hate to trade up and then have these not be "true" 9000's. Like the ones that are close to $300 more. Just not sure what the deal is here.

Kind of bummed about this seeing how I spent what I did on the IC's but that was quite a while ago and there was no telling this kind of a deal was going to pop up. Maybe I can get a reply from DW asap before the deal goes away. I usually get a reply back within a day from them, they are great for that.

Thanks.

EDIT: Actually these may be the ones where you can't adjust the cam to be either turbo or accel? Anyway I'll update when I get a reply from DW.

I think that pedal is the older version, without the "tri pivot toe clamp" and the new "non slip rubber grip base plate". The connecting rod looks different too.

I think that pedal is the older version, without the "tri pivot toe clamp" and the new "non slip rubber grip base plate". The connecting rod looks different too.

Yeah you're most likely right on with that. I'm not sure why the picture shows the joints grey in color, could be the picture they used. E-mail is sent so we'll see. I'm watching a video now that seems to say the same thing about the toe clamp, the bottom of the plate and the bearings possibly being a bit better on the non PC version.

Hi wildbill, thanks for the reply. Actually no the 9000's are still at $579. For some reason the price on the PC version was dropped and seems like it's a clearance item now?.....

Did you click on the second link in my post? All the stores listed currently selling them call them 9002PC.

Did you click on the second link in my post? All the stores listed currently selling them call them 9002PC.

Yes, those are all the PC versions of the 9000. Every place that has the PC also has the newer version of the 9000 which they just call it 9000 or 9000XF with the extended footboard like you mentioned.

The more I read into this PC version it seems, like drumming mentioned, that it has the older toe clamp, velcro instead of rubber on the plates and possibly bearings that are not as good as the updated ones for $579.

I may get more info from DW but that seems to be the differences. This is such an incredible deal that would be hard to pass up! Not sure if I mentioned it before but I like the standard size footboards more than the longer and bulkier footboard of the IC but with the smoothness of the IC PG. I don't know, it's going to drive me crazy but I'm gonna think about it some more.

Try typing just plain DW9002 (without the PC) in GC's main page search box, and have a look at what comes up. Interesting.
Let us know what DW says about it. I think PC is the new version and 9002 is the old version - could be wrong about that though.
I've gotten some really good deals at GC a few times. But a lot of times, they'll lower a price for a while, and when I check on it some time later, it's gone back up again.
You snooze - you lose.

I'll say that the dw's aren't a giant step up from your tamas, I own both and I think overall the tama has a stiffer feel but the quality is fine.

I think those on the GC website are the earlier version before the tri pivot toe clamp and rubber non-skid bottom. If you enlarge the image with the pedals in the case, the bottoms of the pedals have velcro instead of the rubber grip. Doesn't seem like those are the tri pivot toe clamps either.

I have the earlier single version on a practice kit. Nice pedal. Smooth.

The 9000's aren't really an upgrade over your ICs, nothing to really get that excited about, unless you want that "bling" factor. I've owned both, I liked the ICs better. The 9000s may be a little smoother due to the extra bearings, but they don't really offer anything else over the ICs.

Like I knew would happen, I got the reply today. Always a quick response from them. I kind of figured it was as simple as this, as in it meaning C was for the hard case and B for the bag but it's always good to check. Here is the reply:

Hello,

When we introduced the current version of our 9000 pedal we changed the part number as well. A 9002PC is still a 9000 pedal, however it is the older generation. To make things easier please see below. Let me know if you have any other questions.

DWCP9000PB *OLD STYLE* DW 9000 SINGLE PEDAL W/ BAG

DWCP9002PC *OLD STYLE* DW 9002 DOUBLE PEDAL W/ CASE

I didn't follow up with the questions of what changed as it's obvious from the replies here and the videos I've watched. So like I said, it's the older model and the new models are just named DW 9000 single and DW 9000 double which go for $579. Which of course as noted here by a couple of members it has the upgraded toe clamp and rubber on the plates. Which IMO is not a deal breaker for me as I have no problem with standard toe clamps on this X7 kit.

As for the quality of the IC vs the 9000 I have no doubt they are on the same level. You could probably drop this IC PG off of the tallest building and still be able to play it after that lol. I just think I would like the feel of a standard size footboard with INCREDIBLY smooth action like that of the Tama IC. I also tend to believe that there is a bit of a delay with the PG because of it's offset cam. Honestly though and don't get me wrong, the Tama IC PG has served me well and shed new light onto what it's like to have top of the line pedals but I'm just looking for a certain feel and I got it with my DW3000's but it's without the frictionless feel and speed. Also no getting the 9000's wouldn't be for the bling or to say I have "9000's", honestly. I'm looking for a certain feel and action and the IC feels a bit too heavy with it's beefy footboard and the action feels a bit off to me because of the longer board and cam.

I'm going to be able to jam a bit tonight so I'm going to give it one more go with the IC but right now and because of the deal on these, I'm at 90% yay and 10% nay lol. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the update.

I guess what I have is the DWCP9000PB then. It's the older (one year older - ha ha) single pedal. I'm very satisfied with it, and have no real complaints about it.

I think it was less than a year ago, on Black Friday. I got that one from GC. I'm not sure if they had the new ones in yet, but were trying to make way for them, I'm sure.
The small differences between them didn't make up for the large difference in price for me.

EDIT - did a quick search - yep, black friday, 2012 - post #25 in this thread: http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97311&highlight=black+friday

Thanks Bill, maybe they'll have this sale again at some point this year seeing how it's now over. I just couldn't make it up there these last couple days and was hoping to possibly do it over the weekend.

Maybe it was for the best that I didn't do the swap for now anyways. Oh well, hope others took advantage of the deal. I wish I could edit the title to say the sale is over but it won't let me. Maybe a mod or admin can add it to the end for me if they read this.

...maybe they'll have this sale again at some point this year seeing how it's now over...

Wow - that was quick.
When I post stuff like that, I usually date it now, but a lot of times even that doesn't help, because they don't say how long it's going on for. Sometimes sales are over in the blink of an eye. I've seen some stores do stuff for just 8 hours. Some people get lucky, but I'm thinking probably many more miss out.

Yeah Bill it sure was. The more I think about it the more bummed I am becoming but I will look on the positive side. Today turned out to be a great day as I was able to get some things done that were weighing on me heavily, both because of time and money. So I look at it like, what I saved on not doing the trade up, I was able to take care of other things instead.

Anyway, like I said earlier in this thread I was going to have the chance to really dig in and jam to a couple of my favorite songs and I did just that. I played them with the main of the Tama IC PG, using different spring settings, beater angles and footboard angles and then hooked up the main pedal of my DW 3000's. Let me tell you and I hope you all don't look at me as a noob who doesn't know what he's doing, talking about or looking for but I had more fun playing with the DW 3000 than I did with the IC.

Now I know what you're thinking but hear me out. Even with this said, the DW 3000 STILL lacked the smoothness and frictionless feel of the IC PG BUT had a better feel under my foot. The Tama is absolutely, without a doubt and outstanding pedal. The thing is built SOLID and feels so under your foot. Though I just don't like how heavy and bulky it is. It's really amazing to feel how extremely different pedals are when playing one type for many months and then going back to another. I mean it hits you like a ton of bricks! Even though the Tama has a bit longer footboard than a standard pedal like the 3000, I can do heal toe quicker, more efficiently and for a longer period of time than I can with the Tama. There is just so much mass to the Tama that it takes a lot of effort to get quick action with it. With the 3000 I can just rock my foot back and forth and pull off doubles with heal toe like that.

So to keep it short and if you can see where I'm going with this, I firmly believe that the Tama is just not the pedal for me, thus being why I am pretty sad about missing out on this deal as I have this feeling the 9000 with the standard footboard and light, frictionless action is what I'm looking for. I would consider the 5000's but the rocker scares me off as it's the same design on the 3000 which even if they fixed the problems on the design, I still don't like it as it's not an efficient design. Especially not when it's on a set of pedals that will run $450 or so after taxes. The 3000's are fairly over priced but the 5000's are just beyond over priced.

Oh well, thanks for reading if so and possibly understanding where I am coming from on this. Yes I know a well rounded drummer should be able to do anything and everything on pretty much any pedal, which I'm sure I can do but I, we, shouldn't be forced to work with something that we're not comfortable working with behind the kit. And in this case the Tama is just too heavy and bulky and the 3000 just doesn't have the action I'm looking for especially with the rebound. So my journey toward finding a pedal I like is back on.

Too bad it was the older version of the pedal, that would explain the insanely good price. Never mind, this one got away, but I'm sure you'll see some good offers crop up in the coming months. I'd say go out and try all the pedals you can and when the discount season starts, time your purchase for the maximum bang for buck.

ICs are really good pedals and I was leaning toward getting a pair after selling my Eliminators. What I like about them is they "feel" heavier than the Eliminators did, the action on both, of course, is super smooth.

Too bad it was the older version of the pedal, that would explain the insanely good price. Never mind, this one got away, but I'm sure you'll see some good offers crop up in the coming months. I'd say go out and try all the pedals you can and when the discount season starts, time your purchase for the maximum bang for buck.

ICs are really good pedals and I was leaning toward getting a pair after selling my Eliminators. What I like about them is they "feel" heavier than the Eliminators did, the action on both, of course, is super smooth.

Thank you Reggae, yeah I hope to see that deal again. I almost wanted to go up there the next day to see if they would help me out by giving me the deal one day late seeing how I couldn't get there until the weekend but that's ok. Also I'm not sure if you mean Demon Drives or the Powershifters but yes you're right about the difference between the Elim DD's and IC's if that's what you meant. I actually got to try the single version of the Elim DD at GC one day and while it was the smoothest and quickest acting pedal I have ever felt it was a bit odd feeling to me. I don't know if it was the heel plate with how it was raised or not ground level, the footboard or how light it was but it didn't sit well with me at that moment. Not that I had the funds to even consider it but it didn't feel right under my foot. Now for playing metal and crazy fast 16th or 32nd notes yeah those would fly effortlessly but I'm not sure how well they would work for the technical stuff or how much control and feel there would be.

I think I'm looking for a middle of the road pedal. One that can help aid me in doing fast straight 16th notes if needed, heel toe, quick doubles with heel up and a good feel when playing a straight 1/4 or 8th note beat. That's not asking much is it lol?

Though you're right, I need to get my right foot onto a few pedals to see how they feel. Not that I did this with the Tama IC's but in a sense you wouldn't buy a pair of size 11 shoes because they look cool when you actually wear size 13. You would get something that fits instead.

Cheers.

Not quite the same deal as before, but GC has these on sale again for $399.99. Still a damn good deal. I called Musician's Friend and price-matched, since I don't have to pay sales tax with them. :) Just ordered a set to replace my 15+ year old Iron Cobra single. Can't wait!

Great bump Eric, thank you for the heads up and for bumping it! Unfortunately the possibility of doing this again isn't as great especially since it's $100 more. Plus I really don't know how well I will take to the 9000. Even as strong of an opinion that I have of them as they seemingly fit the profile of the kind of pedal I would like, I believe I should grab up a used single of decent quality and test first.

I actually took a second to adjust the height of my throne, actually raised it by an 1 1/4" and adjusted the Tama IC as well and even though it slightly helped I'm still not digging it. Thanks again for the bump though and I'll update if I decide to just go all out and trade up or buy used for now. Feel free to bump again to post your thought and/or post your own thread with your findings. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back