please need Quick reply and help

elliotdrummer7227

i am getting new heads and these are my options please help:(:(:(:( so now my options are :
Aquarian performance 2 (2ply with control rings)
evans g2 (clear or coated)
remo pinstripe (clear or coated)
remo controlled sound dot clear
remo emperor clear or coated?????please i need a quick reply cos i am going to the store tomorrow(its evening time now)

hhhheeeellllpppp

elliot

I am a fan of the Remo clear Emperors. Easy to tune, nice resonance. Just my opinion.

Evans G2 coated over G1 clear, all day every day.
or you can watch the Remo coating come off in a week.

G2 clear or coated - ALL DAY LONG as well.

Would love to try Aquarian some day but would have to order them online because I can never find them in stock at GC or any mom&pop music stores.

i dont want to nay say - but you have 2ply coated, 2ply clear, 2ply with built in muffling rings and dots to boot - its too many choices / sounds for us to quickly help you!
even if you could narrow to just two or three heads - help us help you ;-)

i am getting new heads and these are my options please help:(:(:(:( so now my options are :
Aquarian performance 2 (2ply with control rings)
evans g2 (clear or coated)
remo pinstripe (clear or coated)
remo controlled sound dot clear
remo emperor clear or coated?????please i need a quick reply cos i am going to the store tomorrow(its evening time now)

hhhheeeellllpppp

elliot

Aquarian Performance 2's don't have control rings. What you see is simply ink (the black ring). It has nothing to do with the sound at all. They are low and dead sounding and won't work well with a loud/live band unless they are close mic'd. If your in your own home and playing for yourself like me, they will be great if you like that low thud..

Evans G 2's clear or coated are comparable to Remo Emperors in some ways but I hear Evans have better quality.

Remo Pinstripes are somewhat muffled but not as much as the Aquarian Performance 2's.

Remo C.S Blackdots are an Ambassador with a dot. They will be on the ringy side but also loud and open, more so than the others you are talking about. Check Remo, Evans and Aquarians site. They all have sound descriptions of all of their heads

If your drumset is high quality then remo coated ambassadors over clear ambassadors all the way. The only exception would be if you desired to put a coated emp on a 14" tom or greater for a more deeper sound, not to say that the ambassador wouldn't cut it on a 14" tom or greater.

elliotdrummer7227, for your 16", please please go with a coated remo pinstripe :), you will thank yourself so much lol, it'll sound really good for as nice deep tone

Last edited:
Back