Got a used Club Date SE

hmmm... canw e get a pick of the inside of the kick drum through the port hole?

Okay, here you go. Does it look like unfinished cherry?

ivd1.jpg

very nice!

does it feel like unfinished cherry? rub your hand on it. looks like there a shine to it next to the drumhead

I honestly can't tell. I mean, it definitely isn't lacquered but I'm not sure if it may have a sealer type thing. It could just be the bare wood but it's sanded very smooth.

I honestly can't tell. I mean, it definitely isn't lacquered but I'm not sure if it may have a sealer type thing. It could just be the bare wood but it's sanded very smooth.

looks like they put something on it. some of the wood grain looks to dark too be unfinished, the 2 cherry floors i put down before didnt look like that.

whatever it, its a very nice touch on ludwigs part!

do they go well with your A customs in terms of sound?

I only have one A custom being my 20" Ping Ride. But they are sure to blend well with what I have since it's pretty standard medium weight stuff. I haven't given the kit a proper test drive yet and probably won't until my next gig in January. But I've never been one to worry about cymbals blending. I end up sounding like me.

I only have one A custom being my 20" Ping Ride. But they are sure to blend well with what I have since it's pretty standard medium weight stuff. I haven't given the kit a proper test drive yet and probably won't until my next gig in January. But I've never been one to worry about cymbals blending. I end up sounding like me.

understood :)

The crucial decision now is: do I drill for a cymbal mount? I really liked having it on my CCJ and I also have it on my Rocker II but I'm not sure if I want to drill this bass drum. If I do I think I'll get a Ludwig classic bracket to match the others instead of the Gibraltar round bracket. Decisions, decisions...

I vote for the ludwig classic bracket. Although... I used two of the Gibraltar brackets on my Club Date SE and they look fine. They are a lot less ching than the Ludwig setup.

Did my first gig with the CD tonight. I gotta say, it sounded great. I got the snare last weekend just in time for the gig. A drummer friend of mine said it sounded real fat out front and it wasn't mic'ed. Really happy I got it and at $170 was a bargain. Bass drum (was mic'ed) sounded killer with tons of punch and bottom. The toms sounded warm and fat with coated G2s.

I used to be in love with these drums. Now I'm a full blown obsessed stalker. Here's a crappy pic I took before sound check. Took out the Yammy stands tonight. They deserve some action too.

8bge.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful kit,love the finish inside and out. Did u find it on the internet or local.

Beautiful kit,love the finish inside and out. Did u find it on the internet or local.

Luckily it was a local find. I wouldn't have gotten it online because it would have probably cost more than I was willing to put on it with shipping and duty. With the money from selling my Catalina plus a small out of pocket expense for the difference ($165) I thought it was well worth it. Of course the snare was an add-on but it's a great sounding snare for the price. I'm very happy with the move overall.

Just this morning i took the plunge and bought a new Ludwig Cavern Downbeat 3 piece 20,8x12 and a 14.. First Ludwig eve altho i have a few snares....... I can hardly wait.Pics to come!!

Just this morning i took the plunge and bought a new Ludwig Cavern Downbeat 3 piece 20,8x12 and a 14.. First Ludwig eve altho i have a few snares....... I can hardly wait.Pics to come!!

waiting on pics of the cavern kit

edit: i like this front head

96_f.jpg

Back