Your Signatures

drummerchick435

Silver Member
Lately, whenever I click on a link in someone's signature, a message says that the link is no longer available or something like that. For example, if someone has a link to a thread here about their kit and I get a message saying the link is no longer available. Anyway, since Bernhard, DogBreath, and NuthaJason periodically delete older threads it would be nice for people here to update their signatures if they have links.

Lately, whenever I click on a link in someone's signature, a message says that the link is no longer available or something like that. For example, if someone has a link to a thread here about their kit and I get a message saying the link is no longer available. Anyway, since Bernhard, DogBreath, and NuthaJason periodically delete older threads it would be nice for people here to update their signatures if they have links.

I'm guilty of holding on to a deleted threat for my kit link.

I've been trying out links all night seeing if they work because of this, and I think the problem is most people's (of course, it would be drummer folk) inability to correctly spell out a URL.

I very much do not like this idea. Signatures will clog threads made for information not for pictures and place holding text. Signatures were disabled for a reason, and just my opinion that they should stay disabled.

I had a dead link in my sig for a very long time. It happens. Threads are moved or deleted, and links die. It's the circle of life, Hakuna matata.

There are programs to find dead links but the editing job wouldn't be for the faint-hearted. Most links seem to work okay and nothing is perfect. The cost-benefit of eliminating dead links isn't there.

The only issue I have with sigs is if they take up a lot of space but it's no biggie. I don't know what Hakuna matata is, but I'm inclined to agree :)

Back