Stanton Moore here

Stanton Moore, a true great, welcome aboard!

Thank you so much for all your sterling work in spreading the New Orleans flavour among the international drumming community. (try stoppin off in Ireland if you ever get a chance heh heh)
My brother and I were gonna go see you with Galactic at Jam in the Dam a while back but you guys got taken off the bill! wtf!? I would love to go this year but final exams crush those hopes. ah well

anyway, with coolin off, ruckus, emphasizer, outre mer and the dvds it goes without saying that I am a huge fan.
If you get the chance check my band out at www.myspace.com/historyofharry we'll be recording during the summer and I'd love to hear your thoughts on the finished product.

Breadmonkey

Hey Stanton! It's nice to see you on the forum. I've really enjoyed listening to your playing especially these last few months where I have really focused on your feel and style in the New Orleans funk. I live down in South Florida and I have been taking lessons from Jason Furman for a few months now to prepare for the University of Miami. Jason has said so many great things about you and it's really exciting to hear all the stories he has about you guys hanging out in New Orleans. I hope you can make it down here sometime for a clinic or something along those lines. Hope to see you soon and thank you for your fantastic playing and insperation.

-Steve

Wow! so it really is you! Hi Stanton and welcome to Drummerworld.

I must add that New Orleans is groovy (I'm so punny! heehee!). I wish I could go down there but I am much too busy. BTW, what's your official website?

hey acqualung... thanks for turning me on to COC. i didn't know this side of stanton. really diverse drummer then. i guess the thing is when you have a feel for drums like mr.moore you don't need to blast beat and double pedal every song to be heavy. very busy but appropriate drumming. nice.

j

and here'ssome of my pics of stanton...

stantonmoore98984.jpg

stantonmoore550987.jpg

stantonmoore4021.jpg

stantonmoore5501.jpg

stantonmoore567.jpg

stantonmooremaster.jpg

Hey Stanton, what's happening. Really diggin your grooves man. I also like your set up. It's very unique with the off set bass drum. What/who inspired you with that kind of set up. I tried it once and found it very uncomfortable haha. And I noticed you're coming up to Canada, but only Toronto. That's too bad. Maybe one day I'll be able to watch you. Cheers.

EDIT: Also, the snare on your left, that's a Dunnet? I've never seen one that thin!

Hey Stanton, what's happening. Really diggin your grooves man. I also like your set up. It's very unique with the off set bass drum. What/who inspired you with that kind of set up. I tried it once and found it very uncomfortable haha. And I noticed you're coming up to Canada, but only Toronto. That's too bad. Maybe one day I'll be able to watch you. Cheers.

EDIT: Also, the snare on your left, that's a Dunnet? I've never seen one that thin!

He runs a double pedal on the bigger kick using the left slave pedal with his right foot, so it's not like he has to stretch his leg across to play it. And that's a tambourino (spelling?) on his left, not a snare.

according to what Stanton says, it's an RMV pandeiro with a remo emperor on it. at first he had LP's wooden pandeiro, but they stopped producing them (a guy from LP told me that, so if i'm not right, he's to blame:)).

a really cool brazilian stuff!

Stanton, you are amazing. I saw you a few months ago in Chico, and accosted you right as you got off of your bus. I had you sign a drumhead, of which there are pictures on this board. Not sure whether you would remember it, but thought I'd throw that out there. Thanks for coming!

wow... stanton moore. it's an honor.

i went to visit my grandparents in louisiana this christmas break, and my girlfriend took a day trip to new orleans.

it was a great experience, although we didn't stray far from the french quarter. i knew about

tipitina's, but wasn't sure as to where it was. and i tried to see some jazz in the preservation

hall but unfortunately it was closed for the holiday (new years eve).

next time though, i'm taking that list of places with me, to absorb some more of the culture. i

did buy some artwork in jackson square, and eat at a restaurant in the french quarter

(priiicey), so i felt like i did a little in the way of helping new orleans.

it was amazing though to see damage from katrina coming into the city on interstate 10 (i think?) that has yet to be cleaned up.

and looking into the neighborhoods, you would see trailer after trailer after trailer parked in everyone's driveways (which i'm assuming were fema trailers)

the french quarter looked fine though. hard to believe it was underwater. everything looks like it's up and running pretty well. i could be wrong though.

anyway, thanks for joining drummerworld, stanton. looking forward to some insightful posts.

Wow Stanton! I just have to say that you're one of my favorite drummers. I have three of Galactic's albums plus your modern dvd, you and the music are just extraordinary. You've really got the groove and feel and your heart in the music. huge inspiration. So all I can say is thank you!

I just got back from seeing The Stanton Moore Trio in Tallahassee, FL. It was an incredible show and I'm way lucky to have been to see it. Such a monstrous groove from that dude and the ghost notes never stop. Super intense.

Mr. Moore was way approachable and friendly to everyone at the bar. I went to ask him about donating a drumset to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort and he was nice enough to pack the kit up into his trailer and take it up there himself. I hadn't really planned on letting go of the kit that early and it was kind of a snap decision but it was awesome. Plus I saved a few dollars on shipping. This was my touring drumset for quite some time and a pretty sentimental object for me.

Thanks so much to you, Mr. Moore for helping me pass that kit a long. I hope it ends up in good hands. Also thanks for an incredible show.

Take care man.

-aj

And one more thing now I think about it; are there any plans for Galactic, the Stanton Moore Trio or any other group with yourself on the kit coming to Australia some time in the near or distant future? Or am I going to have to get myself to New Orleans to see that...

And one more thing now I think about it; are there any plans for Galactic, the Stanton Moore Trio or any other group with yourself on the kit coming to Australia some time in the near or distant future? Or am I going to have to get myself to New Orleans to see that...

YES!! You have to come to Melbourne! PLEASE!

Come to Sydney! Please!

Your groove and feel is amazing, and ive been inspired by the unique look of your drum set ups.. even replacing my secondary snare for a pandeiro like yours!

Back