Big news from me!

PQleyR

Platinum Member
Look who me and my girlfriend saw for the first time today!

EDIT: I'll give you a clue...it's a baby! And it's ours!

Attachments

• P1020284 small.JPG
    P1020284 small.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 153
  • P1020285 small.JPG
    P1020285 small.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Won't be long before he/she's kicking 1/4 notes on mum's tum! Life changing, really life changing, but in a good way. Congratulations & get plenty of drum practice in before "that noisy hobby of yours" is banned from the house!!!

Heh, no fear of that! There's going to be as much music as possible all the time.

Polly, my life will begin in earnest at the end of July!

Heh, no fear of that! There's going to be as much music as possible all the time.

Polly, my life will begin in earnest at the end of July!

Oh alright, be all positive then if you must ... next you'll be telling me that you're voting for the Tories! :p

If you love your child, you might consider encouraging him/her/other to take up flute or sax rather than consign the poor thing to a lifetime of lugging and setup/down :)

Wow, congrats! My wife and I are expecting a new member of the band as well. Date is July 21. No golf or drums after that for a while. We have an ultrasound coming up too. It was great seeing this! Thanks!

Oh alright, be all positive then if you must ... next you'll be telling me that you're voting for the Tories! :p

I'm not going to be voting for anybody! But we're not supposed to talk about politics, so shh!

If you love your child, you might consider encouraging him/her/other to take up flute or sax rather than consign the poor thing to a lifetime of lugging and setup/down :)

They're going to play everything. It's not an either/or situation. Everything.

Madgolfer, that's just before our due date! Ours is currently the 28th!

Congrats Mate!
Kiss goodbye to your drum studio - mines now the nursery... and acoustic kit practice... my kits have now returned to their spiritual home at my Mothers' :)

Welcome to the wonderful world of sleep depravation...

They're going to play everything. It's not an either/or situation. Everything.

Heh, maybe. It's a strange thing - children of fundamentalist conservatives become gay hippies, children of hippies become accountants. It's a lottery.

As far as I can tell the secret in handling sleep deprivation is to remember that it's not forever. Be ready for two seemingly trivial milestones that will give you far more joy than you would have expected - seeing an end of teething and nappies. The first sitting upright, the first word and first walk are very cool, especially if you're there to see it. The first swear word is hilarious :)

my kits have now returned to their spiritual home at my Mothers' :)

My kit hasn't yet had a chance to leave, so no problem there!

The other thing I'm going to need to prepare myself for is everybody and their dog giving me parenting advice, by the looks of it!

PQ...
On a serious note, only one piece of advice...
Listen to what everybody says... then make your own mind up.
Don't let anyone tell you how to bring your son or daughter up.

Congrats Mate, My Boy is 21mnths now, and he's the best thing thats ever happened to me.

Last edited:
Don't think I was complaining, I meant it in the spirit of fun! We've actually got a friend who's got a four-month-old boy, so we'll have a little window on what the immediate future might hold, with any luck. I've also just spent the last month working at a nursery with 2-5 year olds, so I've got a better idea now of what to expect.

I have to say, all joking aside, that I am really looking forward to all this.

PQ...
On a serious note, only one piece of advice...
Listen to what everybody says... then make your own mind up.
Don't let anyone tell you how to bring your son or daughter up.

I second that. It sounds like you'll know what to do. It all comes down to using common sense.
You're in for a great adventure - just don't expect to sleep much in the next couple of years :)
For me it was the sleep deprivation, everything else was/is gold.

Last edited:
Back