What to look for in vintage Ludwig Sets

As long as there's no water damage,then that's not a bad asking price,you could probably get him down lower,

The wrap is called sky blue pearl which has badly darkened to where is looks like black diamond pearl..

It is NOT repeat NOT the same wrap as Ringos Ludwigs which are Oyster Black Pearl and look nothing alike.Take along a pic of Ringos drums if you have one to prove your point.That will also help lower the price.

Looks like a 22/13/16 with a 5.5x14 classic snare with a P-87 strainer..

Get over there NOW,don't stop,don't pass go.......do it NOW.At the very least you have a nice vintage players kit.

Steve B

The fact this Ludwig kit has one owner would be a huge selling point for me. Plus he hasn't played it in 40 years. Has to be in great condition. I'm not one to cheap out when buying vintage. And Ludwig will always hold its value. Offer $750 like Steve said and you'll probably get them.

As long as there's no water damage,then that's not a bad asking price,you could probably get him down lower,

The wrap is called sky blue pearl which has badly darkened to where is looks like black diamond pearl..

It is NOT repeat NOT the same wrap as Ringos Ludwigs which are Oyster Black Pearl and look nothing alike.Take along a pic of Ringos drums if you have one to prove your point.That will also help lower the price.

Looks like a 22/13/16 with a 5.5x14 classic snare with a P-87 strainer..

Get over there NOW,don't stop,don't pass go.......do it NOW.At the very least you have a nice vintage players kit.

Steve B

I tossed that one out there for discussion. I like that wrap, and was very tempted. I did not call about it though, and the ad is down now. Probably sold quick. I still like the first kit, but it is a bit longer drive. If it was close, they would be next to those stainless steel Ludwigs out in my garage ready to clean up. I will look and see next week if he still has them, maybe follow up then...

Back