pedals and custom paint job

CheeseCake95

Hi guys, im new to the forum and would like to say hi firstly.
secondly i was wondering has anyone done paint jobs on their pedals before ? I own demon drives so was wondering anyways to do it without any mess ups. Thanks any help is appreciated

redaxis3.jpg

Welcome CheeseCake! And your pedals? Cool paint job but in my opinion there's no need to paint something that's either under your feet or hidden behind a kick. To each his own, though.

Welcome Cheesecake! That's a beautiful finish and color. I'd be afraid to paint my pedals for fear of thrashing them eventually.

What about painting your drums shells. That finish would look cool.

Welcome to the forum. I like the finish on those pedals. They look very professional, but I would never attempt to do this myself.

Or Duracoat. Its what modern firearms are finished with, comes in over 200 colors, is extremely durable and thin, and can be applied to numerous different surfaces including wood. Also, even though it requires a hardener, it has an elastic property that resists cracking, scratching, flaking, and impact unlike paint. It also withstands extreme low and high temperature, weather, and salty atmospheric environments.

Link: http://duracoat-firearm-finishes.com/

thanks guys ! ~ i love the finish but the silver is hard to keep it clean so i thought of painting it black with either crimson or purple ~ i really worry about thrashing such awesome pedals LOL saved for ages just to get them.

Not sure why you'd want to do this since you'll be the only one looking at them, but to each his own.
I play demons as well (in bare feet I might add) and the nice silver finish does indeed become grubby very quickly so I would definitely go with black (on the footboard at least) if you do decide to paint them.

To me it's a lot of work and money for pedals that cost way too much to begin with. To each their own.
They can't be seen and will wear off eventually and then look really worn and old.

I think those Axis pedals look sexy with that finish.

As for the wear & tear they might have... I prefer playing barefoot. Depending on the footwear you're using (if any), the pedals might keep their cosmetics for quite a long time. I would not hesitate to modify stuff in any way that would increase the fun playing/using it. To me it would be pointless to even think about whether the audience would notice e.g. a pedal paint job - if _I_ like it, it's ok and I'd do it, for the sake of feeling rewarded afterwards. (Have been modding my instruments - guitars - and equipment for many years and regret nothing.)

I've owned a bigdog double pedal for about 5 years (since i started drumming) the blue paint has not worn at all but that may be due to the fact i wear/only wear socks when i play

I think it looks smart, and if it makes your drumming a more enjoyable thing, then that's excellent. Who cares "if nobody else can see them". You can and surely that's worth something. Nice job.

I think those Axis pedals look sexy with that finish.

As for the wear & tear they might have... I prefer playing barefoot. Depending on the footwear you're using (if any), the pedals might keep their cosmetics for quite a long time. I would not hesitate to modify stuff in any way that would increase the fun playing/using it. To me it would be pointless to even think about whether the audience would notice e.g. a pedal paint job - if _I_ like it, it's ok and I'd do it, for the sake of feeling rewarded afterwards. (Have been modding my instruments - guitars - and equipment for many years and regret nothing.)

agreed bro same mentality ~ i play with socks so it shouldnt be a problem :D great now i just need to find some sort of paint that would end up similar to those sexy axis...
i want them to look like this :D :D :D
6226985050_1a7b172d77_z.jpg

Back