Feeling blue

kristen

So, I just told my boss that I was moving to NY and she started crying.... now I'm sad... I can't stop thinking about it... : (

pffft, you shouldnt be sad at all, NY is AMAZING. I was in atlanta for winter break and i got really fed up by it, the atmosphere is just not for me.

It is something I want really bad, it just sucks that I have to hurt people in order to get there. I know its not a good reason not to go though. Why are we moving?... Well we just got back from visiting, and I absolutely fell in love with the city! I loved everything about it.. the people, the food, the crowds, the small spaces, even the smelly subway stations. It probably won't be forever, maybe 2-3 years. I just feel like if I don't do it now, I'm going to look back at my life and regret it. I love my life here, and I love my job.. I just feel like there is something more... plus it will be amazing for my career to be able to be a hairstylist in NYC! I probably won't be able to take my drums though, so that sucks.

Cool, I hope everything works out for you. I have never been to NYC but I would really like to visit someday.

You must have been a valuable asset to the company you're leaving, so look at the bright side! It's nice to be loved.

I came so close to doing the same thing more than once - so congrats to you! You'll love it, it's a world in-and-of-itself. I dunno though - I'd have a very hard time leaving my drums behind. I don't think I'd live anywhere now where I couldn't play at least a little, everyday.

NYC is an amazing city...I too love it and wish I could go there again. I will always remember the time I visited there. Good luck to you...hope it all works out!

I wanna visit Ray's Pizza! I always here so much about it. The ham, the pineapple and the ricotta cheese..... forget about it. I'm hungry now.:)

It is something I want really bad, it just sucks that I have to hurt people in order to get there. I know its not a good reason not to go though. Why are we moving?... Well we just got back from visiting, and I absolutely fell in love with the city! I loved everything about it.. the people, the food, the crowds, the small spaces, even the smelly subway stations. It probably won't be forever, maybe 2-3 years. I just feel like if I don't do it now, I'm going to look back at my life and regret it. I love my life here, and I love my job.. I just feel like there is something more... plus it will be amazing for my career to be able to be a hairstylist in NYC! I probably won't be able to take my drums though, so that sucks.

Just get a really tiny kit, and muffle them really good for your apartment or what ever you are living in! Then you are good to go! That is what I would do at least. No fancy drum set, just enough to get the craving out.

Hey, we went to Rays Pizza while we were there! It was sooo good! Yeah, I will have to figure something out with my drums, I need to have something to play on. Thanks everyone! I think I will feel better tomorrow, its just one of those things. I have been at that salon for six years, so its kinda bittersweet. I am excited though! I know its going to be hard, but I think it will be worth it. What do other people that live in apartments do about their sets? I just don''t think there will be much room with two other people and two dogs.

I forgot to ask what "pffft" means?

Quote from the Urban Dictionary (urbandictonary.com)

Pfft:

1. An expression of a lack of interest in another persons comment

2. Used to look down upon another

3. Fine, whatever, i dont care

4. An expression of dismissal of another's comment.

5. The sound of a silent and deadly rectal emission. <----- My favorite :)

6. A noise you make when you are bored with something someone is saying

7. A forced exhalation of air which produces the noise pfft
done when you disagree with someone.

8. An expression of disgust, disdain or disapproval, usually uttered after someone has just told you something totally inane or uninteresting.

Where are you looking to live in NY? I've been looking at places in Queens. I know a few musicians who live in Astoria and Jackson Heights. The prices aren't bad at all, and it's an easy ride into Manahattan. Well, relatively easy, considering.

Quote from the Urban Dictionary (urbandictonary.com)

Pfft:

1. An expression of a lack of interest in another persons comment

2. Used to look down upon another

3. Fine, whatever, i dont care

4. An expression of dismissal of another's comment.

5. The sound of a silent and deadly rectal emission. <----- My favorite :)

6. A noise you make when you are bored with something someone is saying

7. A forced exhalation of air which produces the noise pfft
done when you disagree with someone.

8. An expression of disgust, disdain or disapproval, usually uttered after someone has just told you something totally inane or uninteresting.

well i didnt really mean it in a put-off kind of fashion, it was more of an expression of satirical confusion about your being sad by having to go to NYC, if that makes any sense. Cause, like i said, NYC is AMAZING! i had this italian place right next to our "peregrine" (house) we called it, it was called salvatores. Incredible, easily the best italian food i've ever had, ever. but then it went outta business, a sad day that was indeed.

ah, the memories of me stuffing my face in some nice ziti pizza

I live in Astoria and I can vouch for it being a nice area and still fairly reasonable price-wise. Manhattan is nice too if your money talks loud.

Yeah, Manhattan's great, but you've got to have some loud money baby!
When I went to music school there I had a studio apartment on the lower east side. The rent was $150 a month. This was in the late seventies. Today? Forget it.

Back