What's wrong with my pedal?

Jimlovedrums

Hello everyone!!Well i have a millenium pro double bass pedal ,which i use very often and I can say the are pretty good..Well, a week ago I was playing in a concert with 2 other bands..So I shared my double bass pedal with the other drummers..The next day..while I was playing with itthe pedal)..I noticed that the right foot pedal was too loose and i couldn't play fast...I tightened it..but nothing happened..what would you suggest me to do??

Hhmmmmm. Have you checked the spring? If the spring is tight there shouldn't be an issue.

That's strange. I don't use double bass so it could be something really weird that I'm not aware of.

Hhmmmmm. Have you checked the spring? If the spring is tight there shouldn't be an issue.

That's strange. I don't use double bass so it could be something really weird that I'm not aware of.

Yes,I've tightened the spring...but nothing happened..I have tightened every single part of the pedal that could be tightened and it's still loose..

Do you notice that the spring and the rocker are moving along with the pedal/beater? Is the rocker arm (that the top of the spring is attached to) moving along with the pedal/beater?

Do you still have warranty?
One of my first thoughts was to get back to your dealer and have it checked there.

If this is a used pedal and you really love it - what about selling it on and getting another one (used)?

You say you've tightened the spring. Springs do wear out (but that would usually be a gradual process) - try some fresh/different springs, might help.

Have you tried any other pedals? All the Millienium hardware I've had has been pretty much crap. I'd bet that if you tried playing a decent pedal you would rather like to throw your millienium pedal in the trash...

Back