I'm happy & proud :)

Andy

Honorary Member
Just had to share my joy :)

Last year, I went to great expense putting my daughter through London Film School based at Ealing film studios. It's a globally "up there" film skills tuition institution, so the entry bar was high, & so were the costs. I did so because I believe the best I can do is to facilitate & support her dreams, even though I knew her chances of succeeding in the business were slim.

Well, I couldn't be more proud. Last month she got a very small part in a major feature film to be released next year, starring Judy Dench. This week she's been featured as the lead role in a short film being submitted to Cannes film festival, & directed by a well regarded director. As a result of that performance, she's just landed (today) a major role in a feature film. They start filming towards the end of the year, & her locations are Peru, Spain, France, & Iceland.

For a young girl straight out of film school, this is huge, & I'm writing this with a glow of satisfaction surrounding me :)

This is only the start, but what a start. It may go nowhere after that, who knows, but at least I provided the wood for the fire. Some pictures - Emma is 18 & 5'11" tall.

Attachments

• emma1.jpg
    emma1.jpg
    345.4 KB · Views: 305
  • emma5.jpg
    emma5.jpg
    386.5 KB · Views: 307
  • emma3.jpg
    emma3.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 298
  • emma2.jpg
    emma2.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 299
  • emma4.jpg
    emma4.jpg
    609 KB · Views: 298
Awesome, hard to break in. Pretty girl, I hope she does well.

Well done dad. : )

PS- what a pretty and elegant young lady! I see self confidence oozing from those eyes. Thats all she really needs.

go, Emma!

Congrats! You have a lot to be proud of :)

Stellar good news. Congrats .............​

Wow, Andy. You deserve to be very proud! That is a stunning achievement. And that reflects very well on you as a parent. Well done, my man, and congratulations to you and Emma!

Gosh - 5'11" - even taller than me. Amazing that she picked up a part and especially in a movie with an actor with some depth like Judy Dench. Congrats.

Wow, Andy. You deserve to be very proud! That is a stunning achievement. And that reflects very well on you as a parent. Well done, my man, and congratulations to you and Emma!
Thank you for your kind words of encouragement :)

Congratulations to you both, she looks very good and I wish her much success!

My son, who is 22, wants to study movie directing in a not too distant future, maybe in London. Is that school also for directing?
Thank you Alain. Yes, Met Film School offers a wide variety of courses at Ealing studios. Here's a link to their site http://www.metfilmschool.co.uk

Ealing studios is a large & active studio. The film school is separate, but there's certainly interface with facilities. The courses are expensive though, & regrettably, so is accommodation in London :( If your son is interested, I spent some time finding good quality accommodation near Ealing, & managed to find something most suitable for my daughter. Let me know if you require information.

Best regards to all, Andy.

Gosh - 5'11" - even taller than me. Amazing that she picked up a part and especially in a movie with an actor with some depth like Judy Dench. Congrats.
Sorry Grea, I was posting at the same time as you.

Yes, Emma is a very tall girl, & that could be an issue with leading men in films ;)

BTW, her part in the Judy Dench film is minute. Barely one level up from being an extra. She sings in a small choir and has a few lines, but she will be listed in the credits :)

Back