over head mics

adel.egypt

Guys, i need help, i do back vocals with my band and usual mic stands are so annoying when playing, i realized some drummers, use over-head mic stands, like dream theater's mike portnoy for instance do they have a name??

Are you referring to boom stands?

carter beauford uses one that comes over his head and right in front of his face...

an easy solution would be to get a gooseneck an have the mic come over you head.

Attachments

• alan_evans002.JPG
    alan_evans002.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 1,515
I'd try a unidirectional vocal condenser on a boom stand, kind of like a shotgun mic, that way you can keep it a little further away.

I usually park a vocal mic over my hi hat. Then when I sing, I just turn to the left and let 'er rip.

I've tried a bunch of different options, but so far, that works the best for me. Amen on the annoyances of the headset mic.

I usually park a vocal mic over my hi hat. Then when I sing, I just turn to the left and let 'er rip.

I've tried a bunch of different options, but so far, that works the best for me. Amen on the annoyances of the headset mic.

i tried this but it didnt work for me

well, thats what im talking abt whats its name and/or brand??

This might be what you're referring to. Ultimate MC-125. Downside? $240.

416281.jpg

dude i dont really get this, can u explain more??
and thnx u bothered and answered

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=shotgun&st=

shotgun mics are specialized condensers that reject off-axis signals that pollute the wanted sounds. I'd mount one of these on that big boom stand from a couple feet away and aim it right at your mouth when you play. It should only pic up your vocals and not the ambient kit noise and you can place it far enough away to not be so cumbersome or in the way of your playing.

Back